Removing postings?

D

DelJo63

I'm certain that I posted a story from Computerworld.com re Blackberry threat to the PC. I went to update it with the RIM solution only to find the posting missing.

After some searching, I now see the story here
notedly by By Justin Mann, TechSpot.com, Published: February 10, 2009, 6:36 PM EST

It would be nice to at lease notify the O.P. that the removal took place and why.
The original story broke in Computerworld on Feb 11 and I cited the original work.
When I posted on the 11th, Mr Mann's story was not present and would now appear to be both post dated
and to be an infringement of Copyright without a proper citation.

Our etiquette needs to be sharpened :(

Lots of stuff is messed without without the courtesy of a notice. Deletions seems to be one of them.

Hi jobeard,

I tried looking for your thread (I assume posted over the last 48 hours?) but couldn't find it, and nobody in the forums except for myself can hard delete a thread, meaning that if it was indeed deleted by a mod or something, there have to be a trace but I can find none. Any ideas?? :)

hmm; I posted on Feb 11 here and another site. The TS posting is now missing and the reason for my concern.

Let's make life simple :wave: It would be a courtesy to simply PM the O.P. of the removal and a one liner as to why.

As a mod made that choice, let's agree it to be irrevocable and no discussion to follow
:)

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well above, but from my perspective it is like your message was never posted. I'm not calling you crazy but the thing is, there is no trace of it in the database and only I can remove posts completely, not even mods can do that.

I can find No recent deletions to jobeard's posts on the forum (up to 2 weeks back)
Was it made on the forum? Or via reply to a frontpage article?

The original was New & Links on the Web.

I am quite certain the post occurred as TS has a good googleBot feed and thus
posting here get seen via google.

OK, maybe I hallucinated -- let's drop it -- there's better ways to serve the community :)

Back