Repeated BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

My Dell Optiplex320 is repeatedly crashing with the blue screen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. We did not have this machine hooked to the internet until the last few weeks. The eathernet adapter driver was missing and I downloaded it. I also added zonealarm, avast antivirus, and superantispyware. From what I can understand any of these things could be causing a problem. I have attached recent minidump files in the hopes that someone can decipher them for me and tell me what the problem is. Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini062111-04.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
Two of these minidumps show memory corruption which indicates a faulty memory stick.

Take the RAM sticks out and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and then blow out the RAM slots with a can of compressed air. Push the sticks back in and out a few times. Test the system for any improvements and then if it still freezes/crashes run the PC on one stick at a time while running videos or anything that uses a lot of memory. If the freeze/crash still occurs then swap the sticks so you test each one individually.

Your system is still on Service Pack 2 which is no longer suppported by Microsoft. Turn on Windows Update which will get your system up to SP3, without it you will not be getting any security updates which leaves your system wide open to attack.

How come none of the replies on these forums ever cover "not being able to get past the bsod"? Every one of the forums give a rundown on how to get rid of bsod but all use the methods that require you to get into windows first. Someone please cover this for those of us who can't get past the bsod. If I could get into windows, I could make all the necessary changes without using a forum. Been trying to get into a Gateway desktop for 3 1/2 months. Tried everything on these forums but can't get past the "Windows is Starting" screen. Once again, here is my problem: Gateway GM5088 with a new MOBO and HDD, I have formatted the HDD so it shows up on another computer when plugged in externally. The HDD is acknowledged when installed in the desktop.
I place the OEM recovery disc or a Windows recovery disc in the CD/DVD drive and it starts to load the the necessary files and drivers. It then goes to the "Windows is now starting" screen. The Windows flag screen comes up and then automatically goes back into BSOD. Any takers? Please help, I'm tearing my hair out.

You have posted in a thread that is over two years old and the only people that will see it is myself and the original thread starter. You will receive a lot more attention if you start a new thread. If you are getting a BSOD during the early stages of installing Windows it is most likely a hardware problem or incorrect settings in the BIOS (but, there are several other possible causes). I would start by resetting the BIOS to Optimised Defaults and checking the memory with Memtest 86+:Download Memtest86+ from here

Back