Replace McAfee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The McAfee that came with my computer is about to expire. Is it worth renewing? Is there anything better to replace it with?
I'm hoping to find something cheaper....

Thanks!

There are several FREE antivirus programs out. 2 are Avast and Advir free. You should also run free programs like CCleaner and Advanced Systemcare free often

These programs will provide protection better or equal to mcAfee for no fee

Avira isnt that good i've found better which is microsoft security essentials and it's free. I had avira in my computer then it had some update and crashed my computer and had to reinstall windows.

Pimpmypc, you need to be more helpful... Microsoft Security Essentials is Free, but doesn't find everything that Avira finds. Avira is also free. Avira is considered highly effective by many user of techspot. So when you say, "Avira isn't that good", you are expected to explain why you think that and what Avira missed that Microsoft Security Essentials did find... Full explanations are helpful... opinions without data are certainly much less helpful.

Avast free is my choice. Just in the last few days there has been an update that has eliminated many false positives... It runs easier and updates better than Avira, in my humble opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back