Replacing PSU on Dell 8300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a new video card for my Dell 8300. The new card is a GeForce 7300GT 512 MB DDR2. I was advised that I will need to upgrade my PSU, but have heard that replacing a PSU for the Dell 8300 is difficult. Does anyone have any instructions? I am looking at getting a Silencer 410 Dell2 PSU, as it is advertised as being specifically compatible for the Dell 8300.

"I am looking at getting a Silencer 410 Dell2 PSU, as it is advertised as being specifically compatible for the Dell 8300"...

This should work fine. It is easy to replace the power supply, just be careful to identify all the connections from the old power supply to the motherboard and to the hard drives and CDROMs, so you can attach the new supply properly. There is usually 4 screws or clips that hold the power supply in place. If you are at all mechanically inclined, you will figure it out

I've installed a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 410 PSU in a Dell 8250 which is similar to an 8300. It was easy as Tmagic650 said. The PSU fit perfectly too. Of course, I build my own PCs now so I have some experience but even so it shouldn't be difficult.

I appreciate the responses...

Now, I just am waiting to get the PSU shipped. I guess, because it's considered an "end of life" item, most places don't have it.

Again, thanks for the responses

Good. I suggest you note how the old PSU cables are routed before you remove it and do the new one similarly. It will save you a little time and maybe some confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back