Reputable game archive/download sites?

wiyosaya

Many years ago, I bought Far Cry and Far Cry 2 from Gamestop, and I received the keys for both in an e-mail confirming my purchase.

At the time, Gamestop had an application that connected to customer accounts, and downloaded the purchased games. I installed Far Cry, but I did not install Far Cry 2. I recently tried to get Far Cry 2 through the Gamestop app, and I found out that the Gamestop app is no longer functional. In fact, it seems that my Gamestop account appears to have been deleted.

Since I have a legally obtained key, I figure downloading the game and installing it is within my legal rights.

I searched for "Far Cry 2 download" and note that there are many sites out there that claim to have the game available for download. I have my concerns about using such a site in that there are some sites that have mal/crap/spyware infected downloads.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a site that you have perhaps used and found that their downloads are free from the nasty stuff?

Has anyone been in a similar situation before and done something similar?

Thanks!

In fact, it seems that my Gamestop account appears to have been deleted.
You are more or less out of luck unless you can prove the purchase with a receipt.

Since I have a legally obtained key, I figure downloading the game and installing it is within my legal rights.
While that is technically true, some might argue that you are still pirating. I say if you paid for it, you own it and you have the right to use it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a site that you have perhaps used and found that their downloads are free from the nasty stuff?
However, instead of fighting with the people at Gamestop or subjecting yourself to "iffy" websites, you could simply give yourself a better solution and get both games DRM free on GOG. These versions of the games have no CDKeys to enter during install and do not try to "activate" themselves as there is no DRM to activate.

Back