Resource file missing. What can do?

i hope that i am in the right forum. i have an error on boot that says resource file missing. it does not say what file .or an error #. i have an aspire 32 running window vista.

Try performing a vista restore:

Close and save any documents that you may have open.

Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu.

When the Start Menu opens click on the All Programs menu option.

Click once on the Accessories Start Menu group.

Click once on the System Tools Start Menu group.

Click once on the System Restore icon. After you click on the icon, if a User Account Control window opens you should click on the Continue button.

Try applying an earlier restore point before you started getting this error

re. resource file missing

thanks for your reply.i tried restore before. sorry, i should have said that in my post. everything else works.except for installing some programs like " verison internet wirless card". i am thinking it is the setup.dll . but i could not reinstall that one either.

Get into the device manager and uninstall any lines with yellow exclamation marks in them. restart and see if they will correct themselves

no issue with the device manager

i did like you said . the device manger is clean. i rebooted and i still get "file missed. please re install missing file".w/o an error # or what kind of file it is.

"i tried restore before. sorry, i should have said that in my post"... What happened when you tried the restore?

This could be caused by a virus or other malware infection

Back