Restart problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to PC maintanance so I hope someone can help me

Every so often when I try to install software to my PC it will restart during the process and when it starts again it gives the following error report

BCcode: 1000008e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 0000000
BCP3: A8345888 BCP4: 0000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600
SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

And the following files are involved:

...\Temp\WERec2c.dir00\Mini062398-02.dmp
...\Temp\WERec2c.dir00\sysdata.xml

Like I say I'm new to this sort of thing so I hope you can help me, thanks in advance

is your computer old??
if it is open it up and remove all the dust. clean PCBs contacts with a rubber. remove and replace your IDE lead to your HDD and CD drive. then try again

You appear to have a hardware issue that needs attention. You are showing a hardware failure combined with a memory dump and reboot. Either you have a bad video graphics or other hardware driver, bad memory module, cpu fan that is failing, or a hard drive in the throes of death... or you have some series heat issues created by dust, dirt, crud.
Remove and reseat all your plugs and cables inside the case. Then look at your Device Manager (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager) to see if you have any yellow or red flags. If not, you'll need to spend some time tracking it down. Keep good written notes as it can become confusing.
Tell us your brand, model, and age of computer or motherboard, and your hardware configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back