Restart your PC to repair drive error (important)

DonNagual

New system just built a week ago:
  • Asus P8Z77-V Pro
  • i7 3770K
  • F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 DDR3-1600 8GB(4GB*2)KIT CL9 1.25V
  • GIGABYTE GTX670 2GB OC PCI-E WINDFORCE3X GV-N670OC-2GD
  • OCZ Vector 2.5" 128GB SSD Indilinx Barefoot3 HD1237 VTR1-25SAT3-128G
  • Windows 8
The problem is, every 2nd or 3rd time I boot up I get a message by that white flag on the bottom right with a red X on it saying 'restart your PC to repair drive error (Important).

I have attached two screenshots at the bottom showing the messages I get within windows, then a short video of what happens when it reboots.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• Screen1.png
    Screen1.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen2.png
    Screen2.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm not familiar with SSDs. It is safe to run a check on it, and what software would you recommend?

It goes from 41% to 100%. And every 2nd/3rd time? It could very well be an issue with the SSD.

Running this check is fine. Do NOT defragment an SSD.

Also, perhaps start looking at backing up your stuff, as a full re-install might be required.

It did a strange thing last night. Said it found errors on my USB external HDD, and to restart to fix. I did, and saw that it again, did a checkdisk on the C drive (the SSD).

I'm ordering a replacement, but could it be sometime else?

Wtf. External HDD doesn't require a restart to run checkdisk... Try running one manually within the OS.

Have you scanned for malware? Most SSD manufacturers provide excellent diagnostic and tune-up tools. I would run a full scann for viruses and/or malware. Then run the SSD utilities. I suspect you have other issues - eliminate that possibility is easy enough.
Monton

Back