Retailer lists Ryzen 3000-series models and pricing, including rumored 16-core parts

onetheycallEric

Staff
Highly anticipated: Outside of a tease at CES, we haven't heard much in the way of official news regarding AMD's third generation Ryzen CPUs. However, that never stops the rumor mill, which currently suggests by way of Singapore retailer Bizgram that AMD will offer 16C/32T CPUs for less than $600. Bizgram's catalog also contains the rumored 12-core Ryzen 7 3700 and 3700X.

Singapore-based retailer Bizgram recently published (or leaked) an updated product catalog that offers a glance at purported Ryzen 3000-series SKUs and pricing. While none of these CPUs have been officially announced, some of the models have been leaked before. Below is a screenshot from the catalog.

The currency corresponds to Singapore dollars, so the conversion roughly works out to $560 for the Ryzen 9 3850X and $505 for the Ryzen 9 3800X. That doesn't mean that we'll see a straight 1:1 price conversion, though -- we usually don't on these types of leaks. Although, Bizgram did leak Intel's 9th generation prices with surprising accuracy.

Among the Ryzen 9 parts, we're also seeing the rumored 12C/24T CPUs, the Ryzen 7 3700 and Ryzen 7 3700X, respectively. It's been speculated that AMD's Matisse silicon and their return to a CCX design will bring more than the previous eight cores.

Bizgram's updated catalog seems to echo parts of a leak published late last year that wasn't given much credibility. Among other contentions, the leak suggested that these chips would debut in Q1 2019, which was unlikely and AMD has since stated a "mid-2019" release window.

AMD hasn't said much about their upcoming Ryzen 3000 series outside of a tease here and there. If any parts of this leak are true, AMD would certainly take a lot of wind out of Intel's sails. The pricing model seems especially questionable, as it would bring twice the cores and threads at prices comparable to the current generation of Ryzen. That, coupled with the increased cost of moving to a 7nm production node, seems untenable. That said, all we can do is wait.

We know that AMD's Ryzen 3000 chips will use a chiplet design that will pair a 7nm die with a possibly larger I/O die. Ryzen 3000 will also see the debut of the Zen 2 architecture, which will bring improved power efficiency, higher clock speeds, and a bump in raw IPC.

Permalink to story.

It would be better if TechSpot didn't post such unsubstantiated rumours. These is the same list which was 'leaked' before CES, a rumour which has already failed at several levels.

Indeed those prices seem too good to be true, although I don't believe the final prices to be much higher than that. All we can do is hope that AMD surprises us :D

And I just upgraded to Ryzen 2700 on an X470. I should have waited a bit for ryzen 3000 and X570. No doubt I can get a bios update but it probably won't take advantage of any new features these 3000 chips will have.

Might be time for my first chip from the red team. Either that or a price cut on the 9900k. I'm gonna be pretty anxious for the next few months tbh.

Rumor or not its going to the best time to upgrade a pc this Black Friday holiday season in a long time.

Ryzen 3000 series check
Navi check
Putting pressure on the competition double check
Rumored Dram prices falling even lower reported by GamersNexus another check.
Flash storage will continue to fall with sata 6 being phased out another check.

With 8 generations of 4 cores flagships of cpus from Intel the market will surely embrace Ryzen 3000 series even with just an 8 core cpu that was shown at ces competing with i9 9900k at a fraction of the power. If the rumors are true then obviously Intel is in trouble but we already knew that.

It would be better if TechSpot didn't post such unsubstantiated rumours. These is the same list which was 'leaked' before CES, a rumour which has already failed at several levels.

Dude, c'mon "unsubstantiated rumours" are what make the Tech Internet go. This is not going to change...

Hoping that Asus provides a bios update for my B350 mb. I want to upgrade from my 1600 to a 3700x

Dude, c'mon "unsubstantiated rumours" are what make the Tech Internet go. This is not going to change...

Yeah, but Hardware Unboxed took some time before CES to clarify what they think about that particular rumour, and I don't think it behooves TechSpot to go against that and regurgitate that rumour.

Back