Retailer's listing shows prices and release dates for 10th-gen Intel processors

mongeese

Staff
Highly anticipated: Leaks of Intel’s next desktop chips are a dime a dozen, but the processors themselves aren’t. Direct Dial, a reliable Canadian retailer, has become the fourth retailer to list prices of a few of the new processors. It’s just enough data to piece together the big picture and start drawing early conclusions before the chips arrive, likely in the coming weeks.

Hardware pricing can vary based on retailer, region and market conditions, sometimes quite illogically and randomly. Instead of getting into the nitty-gritty numbers, it’s better to take a step back on this one.

Roughly, based on the early prices in the table below: the Core i9 10900-series will cost ~$50 more than the 9900-series parts it's supposed to replace. The Core i7 10700-series will cost ~$40 more than their counterparts, and the Core i5 10600-series will be ~$30 more. The rest of the tenth generation may not see a price change.

Also see: Slides reveal Intel's entire 10th-gen series: Up to 5.3 GHz and 10 cores

Relative to their non-K counterparts, K-series processors tend to have slightly higher clocks, a greater power budget and are unlocked. KF-series are configured identically to the K-series, but lack integrated graphics.

2Compute (tray) Bohemia Computers ITSK-HS Direct Dial
i9-10900/K/KF $506 / $562 / $532 ? ? $487 / ? / ?
i7-10700/K/KF $376 / $436 / $405 ? ? $363 / $419 / ?
i5-10600/K/KF $250 / $296 / $266 $251 / ? / ? $251 / ? / ? ?
i5-10500 $226 $210 $227 ?
i5-10400/F $215 / $185 $190 / $162 $204 / $174 ?

This generation’s big upgrade is in the productivity department. At 10 cores, the Core i9-10900 has two more than its predecessor. The rest of the series now has hyper-threading and across the board clocks are about 100-200 MHz faster. Only the latter upgrade will move the needle for gaming performance, and it’s a fairly insignificant difference, truth be told.

So how competitive will these chips be if they’re at these prices? Probably about the same as the ninth generation. And when will we see them? Probably soon.

Direct Dial claims their first shipment of new Intel processors will arrive on June 17. This lines up with a leaked Intel document suggesting that review embargoes for various processors will lift between April 13 and June 26 --shipment delays are likely right now due to the coronavirus. Another leak suggests that Intel will announce their processors on April 30. We'll find out soon.

Permalink to story.

The way this is heading AMD will be having pretty huge end of year parties with free champagne, caviar, the works.

Big selling mid range products like the 10600k will be faster than a Ryzen 3600x, but not by enough to be $100 more. Especially when Zen 3 is likely to tip up a few months later.

The way this is heading AMD will be having pretty huge end of year parties with free champagne, caviar, the works.

Big selling mid range products like the 10600k will be faster than a Ryzen 3600x, but not by enough to be $100 more. Especially when Zen 3 is likely to tip up a few months later.
Unfortunately, most people buying computers are getting prebuilts because they don't know anything about them. They'll see "Intel inside" and think, "I recognize that name" or "my current computer says Intel" then buy it anyway. That, or they'll wonder why the comparitive AMD computer is priced cheaper and think it's worse.

We're probably a few years away from AMD being a household name like Intel and by then, Intel might have a performance crown worth wearing again.

I have AMD ryzen CPUs in every computer in my house but my laptop, but we are still pretty far away from champagne and caviar. If you have looked into VMware's new pricing policy, AMD doesn't have the obvious upper hand in the server market anyway with Epyc.

Unfortunately, most people buying computers are getting prebuilts because they don't know anything about them. They'll see "Intel inside" and think, "I recognize that name" or "my current computer says Intel" then buy it anyway. That, or they'll wonder why the comparitive AMD computer is priced cheaper and think it's worse.

We're probably a few years away from AMD being a household name like Intel and by then, Intel might have a performance crown worth wearing again.

I have AMD ryzen CPUs in every computer in my house but my laptop, but we are still pretty far away from champagne and caviar. If you have looked into VMware's new pricing policy, AMD doesn't have the obvious upper hand in the server market anyway with Epyc.
Unfortunately pal, common people buy laptops and not desktops anymore. The good news is AMD is finally kicking Intel *** in that space too and Intel cannot beat AMD until they are stuck on 14nm up to the end of 2021. 10nm process just don't do it since Intel cannot profit from it and offer less peak performances due to low max frequency.

I doubt they come with an adequate heatsink - if one at all. Considering the very high power consumption, add another 50-100 for an adequate cooling solution, plus a few bucks for a stronger PSU, case fans...more the higher up the ladder you go.

So the price difference is even larger, and this for a rather outdated platform....

I would be curious what OEM pay for these CPU. Probably closer to realistic pricing which imho should be around what AMD charged for their CPU before Ryzen was released.

Unfortunately pal, common people buy laptops and not desktops anymore. The good news is AMD is finally kicking Intel *** in that space too and Intel cannot beat AMD until they are stuck on 14nm up to the end of 2021. 10nm process just don't do it since Intel cannot profit from it and offer less peak performances due to low max frequency.

The problem is that yRaz's argument is even better for laptops as it's been a *long* time since AMD had a competitive high performance laptop. However if AMD can grow their laptop CPU business the way desktop did through 2017 and beyond, the future does look good.

I expect actual market prices to be higher and availability to be very hit or miss for months. Intel isn't even trying to compete, just banking on the loyalty of their base, many of whom are willing to pay more for less. I will not be and now I am 100% sold on my next cpu being red.

*yawn* Wake up up when Intel has 7nm or better parts with more than 10 cores. For years Intel has been doing this same nonsense of cycling the same parts with only 2-5% speed improvements. Now that AMD leapfrogged beyond them, they still don't want to give up this nonsense. They'll just keep recycling the same 14nm++++++++++++ parts for years.

The Black Friday Walmart special was always the cheapest and slowest AMD PC that lasted only a year or two at best for the last decade. If AMD plans on doing the same November 2020, then people will be a lot more pleased with the power speed and longevity of AMD products this time around.

People still going on over Intel vs AMD. Who cares. Get whatever suits your needs or if you like one get that. I promise you no matter what you buy something will be better later on so just buy something thats better than what you have. Or even better just buy something better than your friends lol

When it comes to GAMING, the i9 9900k is the best value and performer right now. I'm sure the 10,000 will be better, but I have no need of it now and when I eventually do upgrade, they'll probably be at 12000 or 13000.

When it comes to GAMING, the i9 9900k is the best value and performer right now. I'm sure the 10,000 will be better, but I have no need of it now and when I eventually do upgrade, they'll probably be at 12000 or 13000.

The 9900K is the best performer in games but it certainly ain't the best value. Not by a long shot.

The 9900K costs you $3.78 per frame
The 3600 costs you $1.58 per frame

That's slightly less then HALF the cost per frame. The 3600 is only 8% slower at 1080p with a 2080 Ti in gaming than the 9900K.

Unless you have an uber budget, it makes far more sense to get the 3600, take the extra money and get a graphics card that is 30-40% faster. After all you are saving more then $300 USD on the 3600 alone.

Don't think I've ever seen someone call the 9900K good value. It simply isn't.

To look at it another way, I'm pretty sure the 8700k was around $330 at release... so that's 10% discount after 2 generations(after all, it's just skylake again with a few of the security flaws fixed in hardware). i5 for $300 is just ridiculous.

The way this is heading AMD will be having pretty huge end of year parties with free champagne, caviar, the works....[ ]...
I have to admit they've made great strides forward after they were forced to move out of Silicon Valley, partly due to the fact they couldn't afford to have the landscaping done.

Huh really guess what its absolute not true, only the young want a laptop or tablet.
But most into gaming go back to the desktops because thats the domain where you can play your games at high res and do not have to pay a fortune on hardware.
Then we have the other world the prosumers there the desktop rules the market, true most use both but a far as I have seen non of them actually renews them unless it becomes very old or does not show off prosperity which in most cases still is a thing in the prosumer market.
That is why often they have them with them, but it hardly is worth the money they spend on buying them. More showing off that they succeed in their work more than useful.
Why would you need a very expensive laptop or tablet for, if you just type some small notes for later on them.
Or do you think they do much more than filling in their next needs or orders ?!?
Don't think so I do support them so when there are problems they come to me and guess what I see on many of them, the most started programs .... no bells ringing ?
Indeed small text and databases but the most started are the build in games ......
Especially on managers laptops you never would believe what I find.
The games from their kids, because their home desktops sucks and dad or moms work laptop beats that crap desktop in every corner. I do actually know that often these people have a Apple pc at home and that sucks for gaming as well.
Of course mom and dad have no clue that they carry around a potential bomb which is often infected by several trojans which the kids had illegally downloaded and installed.
That are the facts so stop yelling nonsense because you are fueling the wet dreams from M$ and Apple its board.

Last edited:
Best Value?? For gaming the best value is the Ryzen 1600AF which I'd 80 usd and is just a 2600. Yes the 9900ks at 5.1 ghz oc is around 15% faster on average but cost so much more it's a void arguement when the 3900x 400 usd. If money is no object then yea an overclocked 9900k is the "best", but value and even performance wise everything in everything else AMD has everything locked down. Stock 9900k numbers to 3900x is a wash in games btw, very few people overclock.

Best Value?? For gaming the best value is the Ryzen 1600AF which I'd 80 usd and is just a 2600. Yes the 9900ks at 5.1 ghz oc is around 15% faster on average but cost so much more it's a void arguement when the 3900x 400 usd. If money is no object then yea an overclocked 9900k is the "best", but value and even performance wise everything in everything else AMD has everything locked down. Stock 9900k numbers to 3900x is a wash in games btw, very few people overclock.

9900k/s is the best

1600AF is insane value.

Pair it with a 5700XT and its performance would probably be within 10 percent @ 1440p of a machine with a 9700k and an RTX2070 Super for $400 less lol

Huh really guess what its absolute not true, only the young want a laptop or tablet.
But most into gaming go back to the desktops because thats the domain where you can play your games at high res and do not have to pay a fortune on hardware.
Then we have the other world the prosumers there the desktop rules the market, true most use both but a far as I have seen non of them actually renews them unless it becomes very old or does not show off prosperity which in most cases still is a thing in the prosumer market.
That is why often they have them with them, but it hardly is worth the money they spend on buying them. More showing off that they succeed in their work more than useful.
Why would you need a very expensive laptop or tablet for, if you just type some small notes for later on them.
Or do you think they do much more than filling in their next needs or orders ?!?
Don't think so I do support them so when there are problems they come to me and guess what I see on many of them, the most started programs .... no bells ringing ?
Indeed small text and databases but the most started are the build in games ......
Especially on managers laptops you never would believe what I find.
The games from their kids, because their home desktops sucks and dad or moms work laptop beats that crap desktop in every corner. I do actually know that often these people have a Apple pc at home and that sucks for gaming as well.
Of course mom and dad have no clue that they carry around a potential bomb which is often infected by several trojans which the kids had illegally downloaded and installed.
That are the facts so stop yelling nonsense because you are fueling the wet dreams from M$ and Apple its board.
Bro in 2019 alone there were 166 million laptops sold, 136 million tablets and similar sold, guess how many desktop sold? 88 million

Back