Retailers reveal the price of the Nintendo Switch

midian182

Staff member

We learned a bit more about the features of the upcoming Nintendo Switch recently, such as its 6.2-inch touchscreen and apparent 4GB of RAM. But one of the most important pieces of information, and many people’s deciding factor when it comes to buying the console, was still missing: the price. Now, thanks to a couple of international retailers, we’ve got an idea of what that will be.

Laura Kate Dale of Let’s Play Video Games reports that UK retailer Game has been notified of the wholesale price for the Switch, and will sell the console for £199.99. The publication writes that Nintendo is planning a direct price conversion, meaning it would sell for around $250 in the US.

There will also be another version of the Switch available that comes with extra internal storage and a bundled game. The upgraded model will cost £249.99, which converts to $311. Game will reportedly be selling the Switch Pro Controllers for £39.99 (around $50) at launch.

That $250 for the base model matches the Switch price on Toy ’R’ Us Canada’s website. It’s selling the unit for 329.99 CAD, which is about $245, so it seems the console will launch around this price range.

If the reports prove accurate, it could see investor confidence return to Nintendo. The company’s shares fell 7 percent on the back of unanswered questions surrounding the console. Insiders worried that the machine wouldn’t stand a chance if it launched with a base price equal to or higher than $299.

Permalink to story.

~$250? Come to me, little Mario.
Awwwwww yeeeeeeeez
zaCeu08.gif

So far so good, at least on price which is where I was expecting it to be, assuming it still covers the console, dock, and a single set of controller ends.

The pricing is very similar to the Nvidia Shield and Shield Pro which is good. At 250$ it might actually sell better than expected. It would have been a tough sell if the base model was 300+

This is a huge mistake.

#1 The Nintendo 3DS: XL makes more sense - and would make even more sense if they'd simply add in a real analog stick for the right side.

#2 The Nintendo 3DS:XL is far less bulky than this thing and can be connected to TV for remote play.

#3 The 3rd party developers aren't gonna bite. They'd rather design for the PC/Xbox One/ PS4 and maximize profits.

No one is gonna trust Nintendo after the WiiU.

Surprised you didn't relate this to recording truck videos on your iPhone and making a living on Youtube

How is this a huge mistake?
The new 3DS XL does have a right thumb stick
No you cant connect to 3DS XL easily to a TV
3rd party developers are already signed on

I don't get your fuss

This is a huge mistake.

#1 The Nintendo 3DS: XL makes more sense - and would make even more sense if they'd simply add in a real analog stick for the right side.

#2 The Nintendo 3DS:XL is far less bulky than this thing and can be connected to TV for remote play.

#3 The 3rd party developers aren't gonna bite. They'd rather design for the PC/Xbox One/ PS4 and maximize profits.

I can't comment on number 1 as I've never seen the need to add anything more to my 3DS...As far as number 2 is concerned, that would require I buy a Wii U, or a rather expensive cable, streaming card setup. A Wii U will cost around $200 and the streaming setup would also cost around that from what I've seen. the 3DS is also a 240p screen if I remember right? No where near 720p or even 1080p. Finally as to number 3, there are already a number of 3rd party developers that have been announced as partners on the Switch.

Surprised you didn't relate this to recording truck videos on your iPhone and making a living on Youtube

I don't get your fuss

If I could give you a gold star I would. I've been biting my tongue recently with his comments as he seems to have turned around a little bit and stopped with his foolish self promoting, all caps, horsepower driven comments.

This is a huge mistake.

1) The New 3ds has a functional "joystick" now, but the system is limited due to its aging hardware. The new Nvidia SoC will do wonders for the device.

2) As much as I adore my 3ds its one of the most uncomfortable devices to use for extended play sessions without a controller mod accessory. I look forward to a bulkier system with controller like handles.

3) There are plenty of devs already signed up so I doubt there to be a lack of content. All I need to hear is mobile console, Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, pokemon and I'm pretty much sold :-/

The WiiU is the only current generation device I have and its fantastic. As a member of the PC MASTER RACE I don't give a hoot for the Xbone or PS4 since they offer few IPs worth playing. The WiiU is the only console that offers quality LOCAL MULTIPLAYER and gives me content I can't get on the PC.

TL;DR I disagree with BIGTRUCKS and love Nintendo, someone give MattPD a gold star.

I don't get your fuss
His youtube channel is embarrassing, I wouldn't brag about it. Although if you want a review of just how poor iPhone video is then I have to highly recommend his channel! He tries to do a few tech reviews where it's abundantly obvious he has no idea what he's talking about. All the while you get to see just how trashed his house is.

His youtube channel is embarrassing, I wouldn't brag about it. Although if you want a review of just how poor iPhone video is then I have to highly recommend his channel! He tries to do a few tech reviews where it's abundantly obvious he has no idea what he's talking about. All the while you get to see just how trashed his house is.
I just ignored him a while ago since whatever he wrote even if it was going the same way as I was, pissed me off. Can't describe it, it simply pissed me off every time. I also know he can be an arse, but don't go all the way in with those types of personal attacks, some can be hurtful.

I just ignored him a while ago since whatever he wrote even if it was going the same way as I was, pissed me off. Can't describe it, it simply pissed me off every time. I also know he can be an arse, but don't go all the way in with those types of personal attacks, some can be hurtful.
I stopped caring about his feelings when he started making fun of poor people because he bought a hellcat. Judging from the videos he made of his house I'd say he is probably financing it

Because people are arses doesn't mean you have to be =)
On the contrary, I believe that it is my duty to be an ******* BECAUSE of the way other people act. I've invested 6 years in the community, I'm not about to stop enjoying it because someone wants to waltz on in here and act like they own the place. We're currently having an activity problem on techspot and he's counterproductive to that problem.

Also, I'm not interested in all these "feel good" things that so many people are trying to push. The world's a brutal place, get use to it.

I stopped caring about his feelings when he started making fun of poor people because he bought a hellcat. Judging from the videos he made of his house I'd say he is probably financing it

LOL Hahahahahah

Yes - I am financing it. $1050 per month + $300 to Geico per month.

Thanks for watching!

Stay tuned for when I trade my Jeep SRT for a Trackhawk.

I don't get your fuss

There's nothing embarrassing about $2300 - $2500 a month from shooting videos from an iPhone when you add that to your monthly salary from full-time-work in banking.

If I knew what I had to do to make "Pewdiepie money", believe me, I'd do it.

People can laugh all they want.

I laugh all the way to the bank.

Today it's SRT...tomorrow who knows.

Seriously: I finance my vacations via Youtube. My House is paid off. I finance my cars via Youtube.

Techspot should have me do a series on how to help people become Youtubbers. I'm willing to do it for free.

Show you how to make money off your iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

Techspot should have me do a series on how to help people become Youtubbers. I'm willing to do it for free.
Youtube produces videos on how to become a youtuber and they are much higher quality than anything you would produce. And clean your ****ing house, it's disgusting

Youtube produces videos on how to become a youtuber and they are much higher quality than anything you would produce. And clean your ****ing house, it's disgusting

My computer desk, as you've seen, has lots of paper on it from clients and lots of cleaning stuff for the montors and keyboards.

I'll clean it when my woman gets a chance to clean it.

I can't be bothered with such things.

My computer desk, as you've seen, has lots of paper on it from clients and lots of cleaning stuff for the montors and keyboards.

I'll clean it when my woman gets a chance to clean it.

I can't be bothered with such things.
I was talking about your living room when you tried to do a TV review. Your whole house needs cleaned, it's not just your desk. Considering how dirty your house is I'd say "your woman" doesn't clean at all.

I was talking about your living room when you tried to do a TV review. Your whole house needs cleaned, it's not just your desk. Considering how dirty your house is I'd say "your woman" doesn't clean at all.

Well - in fairness - you're right. She's been slacking.

Maybe I should take her back for a better model?

@yRaz Prince, just ignore him, it's beyond anyone's time to waste :)

You're on a website talking about Nintendo consoles and you're complaining about wasting time?

The difference between us is that I'll be reviewing Switch for my audience and getting paid to do so while you're just playing with it.

How did we get to a point that "grown men" are video game patrons.

Whatever happened to a hard day's work and providing for families - instead of sitting in front of video games?

Back