Inactive Rootkit/malware installed while installing windows operating system.

pfkrno

I installed windows from a pendrive that my friend gave it to me, thinking it was original one I installed it. I never knew about checksums before installing the os from pendrive. But then realising it might contain a rootkit or other malware because my friend don't know much about computers. I then downloaded an official iso, formatted all the partitions and deleted them and installed it.
After installation I installed bitdefender and malwarebytes anti-malware. Did a full system scan twice ( scan for rootkit ticked on) both of them found nothing. Then I downloaded other software from bleeping computer and did a scan with tds killer, combofix, adware cleaner, aswMBR, hitmanpro,JRT they found nothing.
But after that I switched off my bitdefender and ran a GMER scan but when I clicked on scan it showed many error messages. So I restarted pc and clicked scan button but same thing happened again. Then suddenly malware bytes Real-time protection gets turned off I switched it on but as soon as I click on button it turns back off. After pressing ok to those errors it goes for a scan but scan stops withing few seconds or in a minute.

This is a fresh installation and you ran so many tools which come up clean.
Are you having any particular issues with your computer?

Have not connected to my pc for more than 1hr and never connected it to internet after that gmer scan. During the 1hr period I used my pc to cleaned and backed up the files which I transfered after the fresh installation of os.

Used PC for few hours for web browsing. No problems faced so bar and in addition to that I did farbar scan it didn't give any errors like gmer. I could post farbar log if required. Only problem is that I'm not able to scan with GMER.

I never checked the log files of the other scans with Different app downloaded from bleeping computers since I don't know how to read them. But as mentioned before there weren't any major issues during scans only things like password protected archives and some different types which all were deleted by me afterwards just to be sure.
Can you tell me why my GMER scan fails? It says something about bitdefender and unkown MBR code in last two points during scan or while opening. I disabled my bitdefender firewall and both features in anti-virus section. Also added a exclusion for in both fire wall and other. Closed malware bytes and ran the scan but same thing continues 1 week later. I also changed the name of gmer.exe than clicked on it and ran as administrator but same error Messages pops during startup everytime and while clicking the scan button.

I have sent the mail to gmer few minutes after the reply I'm currently waiting for their reply. Should I take it that my problem will not be able to solve here and close this thread or keep it open until I hear from them and update it?

p22003888.gif

Back