Router connected into phone jack but no internet

I have internet with frontier while moving into my house picked a easy spot for them to install and connect since I was literally just moving in.. since fully unpacked I have moved the router into different room ( since its one device plugged into a phone jack I assumed itd be like moving a lamp room to room) plugged into the phone jack and all devices (no hard lines computers or ethernet- all wifi) are saying connected signal is perfect but unable to connect to internet... what makes the phone jack in my kitchen different than the one in my room? And how can I fix that since the signal strength from original instal my kitchen to Mt bedroom stretch was fair the strength connected in my room for all divices is now excellent so I want it in my room but I can't figure how to connect to internet without having to call a installer here if I can fix it. Ive reset router ive unplugged waited replugged all of it nothing is working please help I cannot have a Saturday morning as a single mom without cartoons set up ( dont do cable just Netflix) please anything???

I have internet with frontier while moving into my house picked a easy spot for them to install and connect since I was literally just moving in.. since fully unpacked I have moved the router into different room ( since its one device plugged into a phone jack I assumed itd be like moving a lamp room to room) plugged into the phone jack and all devices (no hard lines computers or ethernet- all wifi) are saying connected signal is perfect but unable to connect to internet... what makes the phone jack in my kitchen different than the one in my room? And how can I fix that since the signal strength from original instal my kitchen to Mt bedroom stretch was fair the strength connected in my room for all divices is now excellent so I want it in my room but I can't figure how to connect to internet without having to call a installer here if I can fix it. Ive reset router ive unplugged waited replugged all of it nothing is working please help I cannot have a Saturday morning as a single mom without cartoons set up ( dont do cable just Netflix) please anything???
Also not sure if needed but exactly how installer set it up in the kitchen is how its set up in my room only changes is jack never unplugged anything other than to go point a to point b

1. are you sure the jack in your room HAS phone service - - is there a dial tone?
  2. if you move it all back to the kitchen, does it still work?

1. are you sure the jack in your room HAS phone service - - is there a dial tone?
  2. if you move it all back to the kitchen, does it still work?
Maybe he needs to check with the phone company and see if the outside phone box has a connection to both jacks.

Back