RX 6800 XT low gpu usage

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Sapphire Nitro RX 6800 XT
Ram: T-create @ 3200MHz
MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 650w Gold
Monitor: HKC 1080p 144Hz
Problems: Low Gpu usage (30-40%) and high CPU Usage (60-70%) mainly on doom eternal (FPS only reaches 140-220fps) and dying light (same problem as doom eternal) but for some reason Red dead redemption 2 seems fine, the game using the gpu to its full potential. But yeah some of the game I mention have low gpu usage. Need help to solve this problem. I also watch HUB'S AMD ryzen 5 3600 + rx 6800 good combo?
where his ryzen 5 3600 and rx 6800 reach 300 fps in 1080p on doom eternal testing.

About Doom Eternal, you had exactly same settings? If not, then FPS may differ.

About GPU usage, well, some games just do not stress GPU to maximum. That's normal. Also most games do not stress CPU into maximum either, normal too.

About Doom Eternal, you had exactly same settings? If not, then FPS may differ.

About GPU usage, well, some games just do not stress GPU to maximum. That's normal. Also most games do not stress CPU into maximum either, normal too.
but the games I mentioned here CPU is stressed more than the GPU. And RDR2 is the only where the GPU is 100% stressed

Some bogus info here. Unless you use vsync, limit/cap the frame rate or have a CPU bottleneck, 100% gpu usage is normal and desirable. High cpu usage coupled with low gpu usage could indicate a CPU bottleneck. The lower the resolution you run, the more likely that will be the case.

Some bogus info here. Unless you use vsync, limit/cap the frame rate or have a CPU bottleneck, 100% gpu usage is normal and desirable. High cpu usage coupled with low gpu usage could indicate a CPU bottleneck. The lower the resolution you run, the more likely that will be the case.
My fps is uncapped in dying light and doom eternal

Go in to Nvidia control panel under 3d settings, add the .exe for the games with the low usage and change the performance setting to prefer maximum performance.

yes ultra nightmare settings
I think there is much more settings available than just that one. Like said above, there might also be some kind of CPU bottleneck, they perhaps used PBO.

Then there are games that run poorly because, well, they just run poorly on some setups. GTA IV is good example of this.

My mistake, I totally glossed over the mention of an amd gpu. There is also a similar setting in Windows though.

Go to 'Graphics settings' in Windows. In the sub-section labeled 'Graphics performance preference' there is a heading labeled 'Choose an app to set preference' and below that a 'Browse' button. Click the button, add the game's .exe and set it to 'High performance'.

At 1080p, a 6800 xt will cripple a 3600 at any settings. Either downgrade your gpu to something like a 6700 xt, or upgrade your cpu to like a ryzen 7 5800x or ryzen 9 5900x. You might still not hit 100% gpu usage as that gpu is 1440p at the minimum. Or you could skip all that and run a 4k monitor, which should ease the cpu a ton. And it will look quite nice. I think at 4k max, the 6800xt could still run any AAA game pretty well and probably well over 60 fps, as long as you don't turn raytracing on. The gpu you have in incredible, and probably shouldn't be run on 1080p.

Back