Samsung Galaxy S11 renders reveal new front and rear cameras, more

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Rumor mill: As Samsung works to get the unveiling of the Galaxy S11 ready for early next year, leaks are starting to emerge to give us an idea of what the new flagship phone might look like. Rendered images show nothing is radically different, but there are a few notable changes.

Known leaker Steve H. McFly (@OnLeaks) posted renders of the Samsung Galaxy S11 to Twitter on Friday. The pictures (and video below) reveal a few changes to the phone's design, most notably the front and rear cameras.

If the images are accurate, Samsung has decided to move the S11's selfie camera to the center-top rather than the upper-right as it is in the S10. This falls in line with the placement of the hole punch on the Galaxy Note 10, which launched back in August.

On the rear, the S11 appears to have a new camera array. It seems Samsung is following the pack, incorporating a more sophisticated lens cluster. It looks like the camera will be set up with five sensors and the typical LED flash.

91mobiles, which created the renders, notes that three of the sensors will be regular cameras (one rumored to be 108MP), a fourth is probably the 3D ToF sensor, but it is unclear what the purpose of the fifth one is.

The screen bezels at top and bottom are a tad slimmer than the Galaxy S10, but the sides seem about the same giving it a near edge-to-edge look. The screen size for the S11 and its variants will reportedly range between 6.3 and 6.7 inches making it slightly bigger than the 2019 model.

According to @OnLeaks, the Galaxy S11 will be 7.8mm thick, putting it on par with the S10. However, the placement of the physical keys on the chassis will be different. On the previous model, the power button was on the right-hand edge and the volume keys on the left. The renders show the new flagship with all the buttons on the right side.

It's important to keep in mind that renders are the imaginings of what people know or think they know about something. At best, these are a guess at what the Galaxy S11 will look like. We only have a few months to see how accurate they are, as Samsung should be unveiling the smartphone early next year.

Permalink to story.

I can't wait for the S93 coming around 2073. They say it will have 14 32k cameras, Super Ultra Slow Mode, and Scent tracking!

What I really don't understand is if Apple already did this and everyone hated it why would Samsung copy it then? Wouldn't it make more sense to stick with what works and use the momentum to make fun of Apple like they did with the notch?

It also doesn't have a headphone jack. S8 has it, why can't S11?

Looks like this phone won't be all that hot. It offers nothing special compared to S8 and above.

What I really don't understand is if Apple already did this and everyone hated it why would Samsung copy it then? Wouldn't it make more sense to stick with what works and use the momentum to make fun of Apple like they did with the notch?

It also doesn't have a headphone jack. S8 has it, why can't S11?

Looks like this phone won't be all that hot. It offers nothing special compared to S8 and above.

What works doesn't sell phones. They need something new to sell $1,200 flagships. It's almost stunning how much these companies make and how little they actually advance technology.

What works doesn't sell phones. They need something new to sell $1,200 flagships. It's almost stunning how much these companies make and how little they actually advance technology.

The glass/glass-and-metal rectangle is a solved problem at this point. There's no excitement left to be had with those phones in terms of features.

I'm just gonna stick with my Note 9 until the kinks in folding phones are sorted out...and prices come down.

Back