Samsung printer driver, Windows 8 fix

Julio Franco

Staff member
Samsung laser printers are great for SoHo environments and the drivers are a solid as they can be in my experience. However, when I recently upgraded to Windows 8 CP I stumbled upon an error when trying to print even though the Control Panel indicated that the device was ready and connected.

The error messages read:
"Error printing on Samsung CLX-3185 Series"
"Printer is in an error state"

A small setting tweak on the drivers panel will fix this.

Go the Devices > Printers > Right-click on the device icon and select Printer Properties. Select the Ports tab. Then unselect the option "Enable bidirectional support". You should be good to go.

Thank you!

Installed Windows 8 on one condition, that the printer would work. Made an account just to say thanks. Wonderful.

Julio - thanks for this information. I had the same "Printer is in error" problem with the Samsung Xpress C460W. I reinstalled the software from Samsung's CD three times without success. Your advice has fixed the problem.
Fillet

Julio!!! I just spent the entire trying to figure wth was wrong with my printer all of a sudden. I pay $25 per month to a geek squad service who couldn't fix the problem for me. So finally googled the exact problem and voila..there you were, with the answer I'd searched for all day!!!! Thank you!!! My printer finally works again!

Cindy

Thank you so much for sharing this! I was about to lose my mind trying to figure out what is wrong with my printer/laptop!

Back