Samsung SyncMaster 943NWX resolution problem ATI

ronaksworld

Hey,
I have ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard and AMD Phenom x4
with onboard ATI Raideon HD 3200 Graphic,

suddenly after i reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate v6.1 (build 7601: Service Pack 1)

1440*900 high resolution.I also know that it must have that much max resolution,thats why i bought this monitor.But the problem is that in desktop->setting.There is not any 1440*900 resolution to select.

First there was resolutions 1440*900 resolution to select but now i don't see that option and all the resolution given doesn't fits the monitor

So can anyone tell me whats going on? I search the net for this problem but has no luck and i ended-up here https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic111502.html
the person in the above given link found the solution for intel based, but i had no luck finding it for mine,

Please help me to solve this issue.

I'm not super familiar with ATI graphics settings, but I had a similar issue with my nVidia 560TI, my monitor was 1080 x 1920 capable, but I could not select the resolution. In my nVidia graphics settings (in the control panel) i had to change the aspect ratio. For some reason it was set to something like 4:3, after changing the aspect ratio to 16:9 I was allowed the 1080 x 1920 reslotion.

Check in your ATI settings (Catalyst Control Center) for the settings to either change the aspect ratio, play around with the settings a bit and see what happens.

[FONT=Verdana]the monitor is non-PNP, anyways I fixed it by going into the registry and adding a resolution [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]for future reference: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]in CCC go to software [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]note down the registry path for the 2D driver [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]open regedit with admin rights [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]go to registry path [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]find entry "DALNonStandardModesBCD1" (BCD1 means monitor 1, BCD2 is monitor 2 etc.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]right click on it and select modify [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]in a new line type in [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]14 40 09 00 00 00 00 60 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana](1440 x 900 x 60Hz) [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]another eg. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]19 20 10 80 00 00 00 120 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana](1920 x 1080 x 120Hz) [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]now go to device manager [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]disable the [/FONT][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]display [/FONT][FONT=inherit]adapter[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana] device [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]now reenable (disabling and reenabling the device removes the need to reboot) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]now go to CCC->desktop management-> advanced [/FONT][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]display [/FONT][FONT=inherit]settings[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]select your resolution [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]have fun!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]This is just a temporary fix I had let me know if it works for you, as after few moths the screen resolution got messed up again [/FONT]

Back