Schedule XP to shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhawk

please forgive my execrable ignorance, but is it possible to schedule windowsxp to shut down at a set time? i have windows xp home
if you can help this dreadful ignoramus.
i he/thank/s you in advance

best

pete

Not sure exactly, but I think there's a way to schedule shut downs with Windows' built-in Task Scheduler and a simple script. If not, I'm sure there's some software that enables you to do it, remotely and local.

Why are you looking to schedule shut downs. If you are running scans on the system, most software supports automatic shut dows after completion...

scheduling shut down

thanks but a actually i'm looking to making it switch off completely at a given time

in my foolish way i must have used the wrong technical term
times are hard in england and i need to save electricity, and i'm a forgetful old fool

best

pete

The link I attached is exactly that, it shows you how to SHUT Down your computer automatically.

oh, forgive me, please, i'm so old and stupid that i did not notice it,

best

pete

not sure how to find your kind message again

ah, got it, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to help me, i really am very grateful.

you are living proof that computer experts are very kind to their stupider neighboursand that gladdens my heart in this often cold, selfish, world; a blessing on you

best

pete

:) that's not what them as knows me say; but thanks to your kindness, the problem may be solved..
be happy

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back