Screen goes completely black

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer screen at times randomly goes completely black. about a week ago, my computer would just shut off randomly, found out it was the fan, it was a little out of place so it wasnt cooling the processor enough. Fixed that. Now the computer stays on, but the screen goes black.
Its not the monitor, I tried replacing it, replugging it in, everything.
I checked the video card, unless I just need a new one, its fine. In place and everything. I dont know what to do at this point. Sometimes it does it right away and sometimes it just waits awhile (like until im in the middle of something really important and am just about to hit send :) )
Please help.

Hi welcome to TS,

I know it sounds daft but make sure in your Power properties in control panel there isn't some form of power option that turns the screen off or the graphics card. I know your using it but make sure its not that.

Also another point mentioned around the web is make sure our RAM is seated and its in tightly and correctly.
Its an ACER thing but you didn't mention any specs or anything so i have to base it on each.

Then finally make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date and are not causing issues, Maybe reinstall them. However again there was not mention of any specs or makes of hardware etc so more info next time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back