Screen Going Black Compleatly Randomly

Mrgreenroom

Hi guys,
My computer is just over a year old with.
i5-25k,
660ti,
msi z68a-gd80
8gb corsair vengance
8gb corsair dominator(yeah itll be downclocked)
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 CMPSU-850TXV2UK 850W
windows 7

Randomly my screen will go black for maybe 1 or 2 seconds then come back on.
I thought it was the monitor as whenever it happened its settings would reset but ive tried a new monitor and it still happens, its not a loose connection as ive wiggled everything to try to trigger it even a new hdmi cable, im pretty sure it isnt my gpu as it happened with my gpu removed.
Its a bit crazy cause everything else seems fine so I can continue to control the game and talk to people and my music continues on as normal. it just goes black. I have redone my bios and my gpu is up to date.

any ideas guys?
also I should probably try it with oc genie turned off shouldn't I :/

"also I should probably try it with oc genie turned off shouldn't I :/... Did you do this?
not yet as Im at work right now, but thats my plan for tonight, thing is even if it happens when oc is on its not going to cause it. id prefer to get to the root of the problem rather then only use 75% of my computer.

OK So turning of oc has fixed it it appears, no random turning off at all. however now the powerphases are blinking. :/

On the motherboard above the cpu there are 10 blue powerphase indicator lights normally these are steady and unflickering and they should be. now they are flickering.

My computer seems unaffected though.
I am slighly worried.

It is doing it still I am still running everything in vanilla. I guess it never stopped its totally random. Thankyou your continued help I really appreciate it.

Do you know if there is anyway I can debug if it is my PSU?

This started happening before I got my video card. I only recently got one. So I'm sure that cannot be the cause of this weirdness. I ran it without and this still happens

Back