SD Card is giving me a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there... I came on here cuz I need some professional help.. ;)

I bought a 2GB Patriot SD card - here's the part I'm having trouble with..
It works fine in my Canon Elph camera, however my card reader in my computer doesn't
recognize it... I tried to format it through the computer, and it's not able to do it.
So I threw it into my camera to format.. tried regular and low level formatting from my camera (which the camera was able to do just fine)... and still it won't work in the card reader.
I popped my old Ultra II 1GB card into the reader and it works fine...

Am I missing something? or is there just a very good reason that the Patriot was on sale at Fry's - lol? I'm hoping that you folks here could offer some insight.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Hi,

Plug the 2GB SD Card into your computer and after a minute right-click on MyComputer and choose Manage. Go the the line 'Disk Management' under 'Storage.' Is the card show there but not in Windows Explorer? If so, right-click on it and try to assign it a Drive Letter/Path. If you see that is has a letter above it go to Firefox (assuming you have it) type in file:///X:/ where X is the drive letter it is assigned. If you can see the files then there might be a disconnect with explorer.exe. I get this some times reading off od a compact flash drive.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back