Search engine redirect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am having the same problem with this virus/malware in the search engine. I followed the 8 steps listed on this board and I am still having the problem. All the antivirus programs removed several things but i guess none of them were this search engine virus.

I am attaching my HijackThis log to this post. I could not see anything suspicious on it but maybe I'm missing something. Do let me know what I should do next to get rid of this irritating thing! Thanks =)

*Pooja*

Post moved to its own thread.

pooja: u mentioned that you ran through the 8 steps, so you should have more logs than just the HijackThis. do provide the rest of the logs.

I have attached all the other log files (except CCleaner - I was not able to find any log file for that).

Thanks for your help!

*Pooja*

Just a follow-up on this issue: I have ran about 3 or 4 antivirus tools and although they have all found a few minor things, or blocked trojans at other times, I am still having this redirect problem. I ran many today a second or third time and they all said the system is clean. I even ran HijackThis and from what I could tell, the log looked clean also. There were no unknown programs or processes listed.

Does anyone have any solution that has worked for them? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back