Secondary LCD Issues during Video Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys. New to the board and have a pretty irritating problem.

I'm not a complete computer novice, I have almost finished my A.A. in Computer Science and can hopefully move on to programming or software engineering one day but I'm really not sure how to fix this.

I've never had problem with video playback on my t.v. (Sanyo LCD) but after a recent reformat, I've found that when either streaming or playing a video file in VLC or WMP results in some highlighted areas that seem contrasted. At first, it seemed like these blue, red and green (mostly green) squiggly, moving lines and dots that seem to trace outlines, almost like in Photoshop, only appeared on black areas of the screen. Well, now it seems like it's dark areas and it's strange because some parts of the movie are perfectly black and even slightly dark shades get these outlines.

I did make sure to download all updates and appropriate drivers after my reformat and I've never had this issue before while using any OS. I'm using an ancient Nvidia geForce 7950 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. If needed, I can post a dxdiag.

I hope someone can fix this, it seems impossible. I don't even know if I had the problem until recently. All colors seem fine that aren't a part of video playback. The LCD works perfectly as a secondary monitor and causes no problems until I try to watch a video. I've tried restarting (lol), system restore to four days ago because I didn't think it started until recently but my reformat was recent as well, and checking the DVI connections.

Thank you very much for reading and possibly replying/helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back