Security toolbar 7.1 virus, Blue screen constant restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvader987

I dont know what i did today but my PC is a complete disaster right now. I left the computer on, went out and when I came back i saw that the screen was black but the computer was still on. Nothing worked so I restarted the computer. On startup I noticed I got a virus, I had popups saying to instal antispyware programs. On IE I have a toolbar that says security toolbar 7.1, also a pop up saying W32.Myzor.FK@yf is in my system. I have delt with viruses before so I was going to run a system scan when the screen went black again and nothing works.

So I enter safe mode and try to run a virus scan there, in the middle of it the computer freaks out and a blue error screen pops up saying something about an error that Windows needs to shutdown, it talks about disabling BIOS. I have turned off the system restore and it still happens. The only way I can do anything on this computer is to run it on safe mode with networking which is what I am doing now. As long as I don't search for files or try to do a scan it runs ok, but when I try something like that the blue screen pops up.

Here is the code it gives me at the bottom of the blue screen message:

***STOP: 0x000000F7 (0x00000000 ,0x0000B01F ,0XFFFF4FE0, 0x00000000)

So I don't know what to do, I can't run any of the programs that will help me get rid of this virus which I think is what is causing all this. I can get Hijack this to work but thats about it. The hijack file is attached.

Thanks for the help.

kritius said:
Edit.......

Is that the only thing you can run from safe mode?

Most of my programs run fine, as you can see I can go on the web (I have it with networking on) but anytime I run a scan or search of files, in the middle of it the blue screen pops up.

BTW, the blue screen says "A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer" it then says a malicious user can get on. Then it goes on about disable certain BIOS like caching. Then it gives technical info which is that code which is different every time. Last it says dumping physical memory.

I have some minidump files for you below if that is what you need.

I also ran deckard system scan and the file is below.

I also ran fixwareout and the report is below.

I still crash anytime I run SDfix, or most virus scans. I cant go to normal mode cause my screen goes black after a minute. I can only run safe mode and I still get BSOD. But I dont see the virus toolbar or popups anymore.

kritius said:
sorry I cant read minidumps, have you tried SmitfraudFix?

Just tried it again, it works up until I get to where it asks clean registry, I put in y press enter and shortly after I get the BSOD.

Thanks for the reply BTW.

kritius said:
Bloody hell. Ill have to see about a second opinion on this one.

Yeah its bad. Thanks for trying to help though, i have tried many forums and none seem to respond.

I dont know if it helps but the BSOD post right below mine seems to be kind of the same issue, same virus, same BSOD.

I was able to run a smitfraud search and I got the file, I attached it below. I still cant make it clean though.

Attachments

• rapport.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
Hey Smitfraudfix worked! I ran the cleaning, and I got the report below. After that I tried to run CCleaner and it gave me BSOD.

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:

BugCheck F7, {630026, bc22, ffff43dd, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image

BugCheck F7, {30002e, bc3b, ffff43c4, 0}
Probably caused by : NDIS.sys

BugCheck F7, {f4, bcb0, ffff434f, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image

You may want to run CheckDisk too

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

I ran checkdisk it did its thing, restarted the computer. I tried to go to normal mode but the screen went black again and the computer froze. So I logged into safe mode and tried to run CCleaner and BSOD.

Checkdisk didn't seem to help.

Sometimes this error can be caused by software ie Deamon tools or even Norton.
But one MiniDump points to your network, so you might want to try updating the drivers, and even try WinsockFix

It's a matter of updating all drivers, running Memtest and possibly WinsockFix

I'm sorry but I don't know much of anything about updating drivers. I searched on google and found some guides but I am still kind of lost. What drivers do I need to update, where do I find these updates. I saw there are some programs that help do this for you but they need to be installed in normal mode and I cant go into normal mode cause the screen goes black and the computer freezes too quickly.

I did run memtest, let it do 10 passes and no errors. I ran winsockfix, restarted and still got BSOD afterwards.

Ok updated my profile with the specs I found using the program.

If repairing windows will stop these constant crashes then I will do so. Normal mode is a lost cause it just freezes up giving a black screen after a minuter. I can run safe mode until I run a scan or it just randomly gives me BSOD.

p4s533vl is an OEM motherboard from ASUS for PC vendor therefore I am having some trouble finding your drivers
Please press the green button, and select your audio driver

It seems you must do this twice, once here, then when you get to Asus support, click it again. This button uses JavaScript (which is enabled by default on most browsers)

kimsland said:
p4s533vl is an OEM motherboard from ASUS for PC vendor therefore I am having some trouble finding your drivers
Please press the green button, and select your audio driver

It seems you must do this twice, once here, then when you get to Asus support, click it again. This button uses JavaScript (which is enabled by default on most browsers)

Sorry for all the questions but I am getting a bit lost, I dont know much about drivers. What do you mean by selecting "your audio driver", that link you gave me takes me to a place to select your motherboard. The motherboard I have is not listed, there are many similar but no VL model.

Yes as I thought
I am having some trouble finding your drivers

I might try Google

In the mean time, maybe run this http://members.datafast.net.au/~dft0802/downloads/pcivbs.vbs
Hopefully it will tell you your Network card driver

Edit:

Actually from a bit of searching, I believe it is a Micosoft driver.
Therefore do a WindowsUpdate, and select "custom" make sure all drivers are up to date
You can also go to Device Manager (Control Panel-->System-->Hardware-->Device Manager) and confirm there are no yellow querrie marks (these mean the drivers are not installed properly)
You could also remove the network card, and restart Windows (Hopeing that your system will load the correct drivers for your network)

I managed to get comobfix to run and it seems to have fixed my crashing problems. My computer is running perfectly now. I am being helped in another forum as well.

So thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back