See the alien beings you'll be fighting in the new Prey gameplay trailer

midian182

Staff member

Quake Champions wasn’t the only big trailer to hit QuakeCon; we also got to see the first gameplay trailer for the new Prey title. Like the Quake reboot, Prey was first unveiled with some CGI-heavy footage back at E3.

Prey looks like it features elements from a number of dark games, such as System Shock 2, Bioshock, Alien: Isolation, Dishonored, and even a bit of Dead Space. Combined with some unique aspects of its own, Prey could turn out to be quite special.

Set onboard Talos I – a space station orbiting the moon - in the near future, you control Morgan Yu, one of the subjects being experimented on by scientists within the station. As is always the case with space-based human testing, something has gone horribly wrong and aliens have turned up.

The game has had a long and tumultuous development; Human Head Studios, which was responsible for the 2006 original, was working on the sequel when Bethesda pulled the plug in 2014. Arkane Studio started on the new Prey, which, according to studio president and creative director Raphael Colantonio, “is not a sequel, it’s not a remake, it has no ties with the original.”

"Arkane reimagines this franchise from the ground up, with an added psychological twist. In Prey, you are the first human enhanced with alien powers aboard a desolate space station under assault. Improvise and innovate in order to survive as you search for answers," writes Bethesda.

Some of those alien powers include the ability to transform yourself into inanimate objects. Footage shown at QuakeCon featured Yu turning into a mug so he can roll through a small gap, and his ability to use a kinetic blast so he can fly into the air when disguised as a small object.

Keep up to date with all the Prey news on the official website. You can also check out its Steam Page.

Prey is scheduled for release in 2017 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

Permalink to story.

The first Prey was a huge surprise and stellar achievement. Hoping this game follows suit.

Yea it was. Prey was a sweet game that didn't get as much attention as it deserved. I always hoped they'd make a sequel.

I hope there are still sphincter doors.

Back