ASUS M2N MX SE Motherboard

Today computer rebooted at the login screen while typing the password

Details:

ID: 1003 , Category: 102
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 0d080402, parameter3 b5b00798, parameter4 00000000.

Any help with the cause of the problem?

Your 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are especially strong indicators of faulty memory. Sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

Your dump cited the driver eamon.sys which is part of your NOD32 (I run NOD32 myself). What version are you running?

ESET Smart Security Version 4.0.417

Can the problem be with my ADSL Modem's Router USB driver which has some history of instability. The modem has only one LAN Port which goes to my other comp. i am forced to use USB]

How do I test my memory?

I should have suggested for you to go ahead and test your memory in my first response but I failed to do so. That is because if it is corrupted memory it has the tendency to throw out many false causes.

Run Memtest on your RAM. Here is a tutorial that will tell you what you need to know: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes the better because though it may look like it is just cycling through the same tests over and over, such is not the case. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Even if you come to find out you don't have bad RAM this is a good sound basic diagnostic proceedure with 0xE errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back