Serious Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very new to all this...posting threads and such. And certainly not a techie. But, I have been getting error messages recently, since I bought an external Pioneer DVD writer. I've been able to burn DVDs for two months, but now when I try to burn a DVD my computer just shuts down. When I re-boot I get a serious error message. I just found out that I need a Hi-speed USB host controller, since I have an older '02 computer. I am buying that, but is that the reason for the error message? Or is it something else besides the USB?

Here's the Error Message.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000001 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804DBE7B OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\KATHYB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2817.dir00\Mini032308-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\KATHYB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2817.dir00\sysdata.xml

Would someone please help me? I've keep my Windows XP updated, but I do P2P. Could that be a problem?

3 issues

Yes the USB 2 controller will be needed
The Mini032308-01.dmp should be attached to a new post
P2P - may mean you have malware installed (depending upon what you are sharing)

One other point:

You can "bump" posts if you feel there has been no reponse over too much time.
This will avoid new posts, referring to this one.

Thank you for responding, but again I'm not a computer guru so therefore I don't know what you mean by the Mini032308-01.dmp should be attached. Nor do I know to "bump" posts, or even what that means. The DVD writer worked fine for two months, why would it now suddenly need a Hi-Speed USB host controller?

Using Explorer (not Internet Explorer) navigate to:
c:\windows\Minidump
An easy way to do this, is to click Start--> Run --> c:\windows\Minidump

Once the folder opens, check for your MiniDump file -->Mini032308-01.dmp
You can copy this file to Desktop (right click copy, then paste on your Desktop)

Then reply to my message, and click this icon -->
attach.gif
and attach your Minidump (from the Desktop) to a new message.

Nor do I know to "bump" posts, or even what that means
If your post has not been attended to (no one has replied to you) for a day or so.
You can reply to yourself and just type the word BUMP Which will put your thread back to the top of the list.
why would it now suddenly need a Hi-Speed USB host controller?
It may have lost its drivers - this can happen. It may be just a matter of updating all your drivers online again

I have a HP Pavilion zt3000 laptop. It is 4 years old now. It operates on Windows XP Professional SP2. Everything was working fine until two months ago. Randomly, while I was working, a blue screen appeared saying Beginning Physical Memory Dump. Afterwars, windows will restart and after the desktop is loaded, a message will appear stating that windows has recovered from a serious error. This has been happening on and off for the past two months, Ive tried a couple of solutions but to no avail. These error codes were stated in the report.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : FF111072 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804D9B64 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

If anyone could help me, then I would greatly appreciate it.

jtmalu86 said:
I have a HP Pavilion zt3000 laptop. It is 4 years old now. It operates on Windows XP Professional SP2. Everything was working fine until two months ago. Randomly, while I was working, a blue screen appeared saying Beginning Physical Memory Dump. Afterwars, windows will restart and after the desktop is loaded, a message will appear stating that windows has recovered from a serious error. This has been happening on and off for the past two months, Ive tried a couple of solutions but to no avail. These error codes were stated in the report.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : FF111072 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804D9B64 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

If anyone could help me, then I would greatly appreciate it.

It would be very helpful if you could start your own thread rather than hijacking this one considering seahorsefl started it. Note kimsland's instructions to the OP.

EDIT: You seem to have posted twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back