Serious microsoft outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

metzy85

Ok so i am the computer guy for a local ballet company. They have some serious Microsoft out look issues. They use sbc global email and have dsl internet and a linksys wr5v54g wireless router which is also run into a linksys srw2024p network switch all the computer hard cabled and run on a perfectly good local network and inter net setup. But one of the teachers every time he trys to send and recieve emails he recieves the emails just fine but then when it goes to send whats in his outbox it ask him for network password he enters it and then it continues to pop back up and it does not let him in the end send his messages. The secratary email simply does not let her log on at all in outlook she can check it just fine online but in the program nothing. She has two accounts on that computer and niether of them work when she starts her outlook it ask her which acount to choose and i want to know how do u get rid of that and have it load both accounts at once.

some info about there email
there incoming mail server or pop3 is mail.peoriaballet.com
and there smtp is stmp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
there useing no ssl and there pop3 ports is 110 and there outgoing stmp server port is 25

What is going wrong???????

Try updating the account settings to use the same settings for his outgoing mail server as his incoming.

You didn't specify if it's Outlook Express or Office Outlook so I'll list both

Outlook Express -> Tools -> Accounts... -> <highlight yoru account> -> Properties -> Servers -> Outgoing Mail Server -> My server requires authentication <checked> -> Settings -> Logon Information -> Use same settings as my incoming mail server <selected>

Outlook Express -> Tools -> E-mail Accounts... -> <highlight yoru account> -> Properties -> Servers -> Outgoing Mail Server -> My server requires authentication <checked> -> Settings -> Logon Information -> Use same settings as my incoming mail server <selected>

-- Andy

some info about there email
incoming mail server or pop3 is mail.peoriaballet.com
there smtp is stmp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

there useing no ssl and there pop3 ports is 110 and there outgoing stmp server port is 25

What is going wrong???????

EACH domain needs its own pop3+smtp server names and ports.
It is not uncommon to see mail.xxx.yyy for both pop3 and smtp and the sole difference being the port numbers.

the sbcglobal.yahoo.com looks strange!!!

SBCglobal would be "smtp.sbcglobal.net"

but Yahoo.com needs the Premium Account to access
Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back