service pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look HERE

Scroll down to Cryptographic service and related errors then download fixdb.bat

After it`s downloaded click on it,then when the DOS prompt appears press any key.

check my hijack this log for me i need help

hey my computer giving me those weird message when i start it and when i turn it off so i sent out my log for help but i cant upload cuz i cany browse it
what can i do

fabrice:

Your system is riddled with malware.

I gave you instructions in your thread HERE, but you chose to ignore it.

You have two choices at the moment. Follow the instructions or reformat the computer.

Regards Howard ;)

Unless you backup your important data, then yes you will lose it. That`s because formatting will wipe your hard drive clean.

Regards Howard :)

hijack this is not for the average user. I'd rather suggest the average user install spybot or windows defender or some other antispyware software.

I agree that HJT is not for the average user. However, I was willing to help fabrice clean his system.

In any case, with the infections that fabrice has on his system, Spybot and most other antivirus/antispyware software wouldn`t even come close to getting rid of them all.

Perhaps you should try spybot again. I've been using spybot for 3 years now and have not come across any better antispyware software since. I'm in the computer repair business and have found nothing better than spybot. HiJackthis is so boring to use and can be sooo complicated for the average user. It too does not remove nor find all the problems and sometimes, it can complicate them.

If you know anything about viruses, browser-helper objects, or other unmentionables, there is also a place online found at http://sysinfo.org that will help to rid these problems too. Sometimes, using msconfig then the startup tab along with sysinfo.org's full startup list is far better than looking elsewhere.

Since it appears the he is virus infected, I suggest he use avg free antivirus found at http://free.grisoft.com and that he configures avg to scan "ALL" files instead of just the basic ones.

Oh, I do use spybot etc, as well as a host of other virus specific programmes/tools.

Maybe the reason, you don`t have malware problems, is down to your sensible surfing/security habits.

Unfortunately, a lot of computer users don`t have a clue when it comes to security as I`m sure you`re well aware.

However, to suggest that Spybot is the best antispyware programme available, is to put it mildly, stretching the truth of the matter.

In my experience, no single security programme can detect and remove all malware. I really wish it were so, my time here would be a lot less hectic lol.

Some malware requires specific removal techniques/tools, while others require manual removal.

While HJT doesn`t reveal all malware, it certainly helps to reveal an awful lot of it. It is also a very useful tool for helping to disable certain malware and making it relatively easy to delete it.

Obviously, HJT should only be used with guidance. I do not advocate the average user, trying to run and handle the results of a HJT scan.

I've tried lots of different antispyware and antivirus software and found that spybot removes a heck of alot more than all the others.

My choice in antivirus is avg-pro. I've also used avg free alongside mcafee, norton/symantec, etc., and avg has always found viruses those never report.

I just can`t fault AVG, used it for years.

As for McAfee/Symantec I wouldn`t have them anywhere near my system.

Resource hogging crapware is how I like to refer to them lol.

Until now I have been a fan of F-Secure, but their spam filtering management is so unfriendly I am going to give kaspersky a go on the next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back