Set OPEN FILE dialog default

Do you mean a specific default folder or do you really mean file? If you mean folder, go to Open File, then click on Edit to find Change Default folder. If you actually mean file, then I'm sorry, I don't know if that can be done. At least I don't know how.

Thanks for your response. What I want is for the OPEN FILE to always show my D:\ drive, as that is where all of my files are located. Help?

Since WordPerfect will only point to a folder not an individual file, place your WordPerfect files that are on the D drive into a folder that you can name WordPerfect or anything you want. You can then set that as the default folder regardless if it is on another drive. So when you click Open File it will go to the new default folder and show all your D drive WordPerfect files and subfolders (if any).

In other words you can set the default folder to any location as long as it is a folder.

It appears that how I want it to work is not practical, since all of my folders are in the D:\ drive, which means that every macro (gottalotof'em) targeting a folder or file on the D:\ drive would have to be edited to redirect . . . but that's not going to happen this week, this year, or probably ever, since that's about 30 years of macro development.
But, again, thank you for your response. Appreciated.

Back