Setup did not find any hard disk drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i got new notebook HP dv6670ej.
i have vista on it and problems with it, i tried to format and
install windows XP but in the begin after the computer loads the files,
it shows me error: setup did not find any hard disk drivers installed in your computer.
i searched for ways to fix it, one way is to disable SATA in bios, but i dont have the option in there. other way is to make a windows installation with nLite,
but i have no idea what drivers i need for it and where to download them.
maybe there is another easier way?
can someone help me please?

in most of the links you gave i saw that i need a floopy drive that i dont have.
and i still cannot understand what drivers i need and where to get them from.

1. Start with the HP website. Find the link for Support, identify your make/model computer and look for what you need under Drivers and Downloads for XP
  2. Second option, surf! If you go to Microsoft website, select XP as the product and try being creating with search words. I think i just entered: install xp sata. The search of just tech support wasn't too good but alot of hits when broadening the search to all of Microsoft.com. Just one hit as an example and maybe will be helpful as well
    Setting up a SATA Drive in Windows XP Deployment

i found in everest that my Motherboard Chipset is Intel Crestline-PM PM965,
i need to search driver under this name?

Have you gone to HP's support site yet???

For one thing, if i look up the HP model number you state and XP I see (among other things) a new BIOS version that was just released last month! June 8, 2008.

Like i said, you should really start by searching the HP support site for your computer. Here's just one of several interesting hits when i search their knowledge base
How to add Serial ATA (SATA) driver to a Windows Installation (Now, i only skimmed the article but i believe it points you to the driver as well)

ok i got recived letter from HP support, they gave me guide "How to install windows xp on dv6500" so i found the link for the drivers and ill just follow the steps in the guide.
i cant understand so why on my laptop its write "HP Pavilion dv6000" in the computer its write that its dv6500, and the model of this computer is dv6670ej =S

Welcome to the world of technology things upgrade so fast that before you could get a PC manufactured the model number changes

:) anyways now you know where do you need to look for help first.

Hello again, i have made installation disc with slip-streaming , but my notebook doesnt run it on startup.
in the disc i got file: WinLite.iso (i guess i named it so).
is there way to run the installation?
the windows installation i used to slip-streaming wasnt the best, i couldnt run it on startup too,
so to format my old computer i used 2 installations, 1 disc with old xp windows that run on startup and the second i installed after the computer worked. maybe this the reason why my new disc not running on startup? (because the installation i used not run on startup too)

Your slipstreamed CD is no better than the original CD so if the original didn't work, the copy (plus SATA drivers) isn't going to work.

ok i got recived letter from HP support, they gave me guide "How to install windows xp on dv6500" so i found the link for the drivers and ill just follow the steps in the guide.
i cant understand so why on my laptop its write "HP Pavilion dv6000" in the computer its write that its dv6500, and the model of this computer is dv6670ej =S
  1. dv6670ej is a specifc model number for an HP Pavillion and is just one many, many different model numbers in the HP Pavilion line of dv6000 computers
  2. I can guess that maybe the instructions for dv6500 line of computers is same for your model but, regardless, you really, really should be going to the HP support site yourself to see all the documentation, downloads and trouble shooting info available under your specific model!
the windows installation i used to slip-streaming wasnt the best, i couldnt run it on startup too
  • What do you mean by "not the best?" just that it couldn't boot from it??
  • Any CD must be created with boot data before it can be used to boot your computer.
  • I'll assume you just tried creating an SP3 slip-streamed CD? The slipstreaming tool merges files from your old installation CD with SP3 installation but DOES NOT create any boot data on the CD. The process of making it bootable is done in the next step when you layout the CD file structures (and your instructions should have included how to include boot data in the layout)
For starters, though, i repeat you should go to the HP website and look at the downloads (like BIOS upgrades i saw there) and "how to" docs they provide listed under your specific model number.

i think i found the problem, not sure. i don't know to make boot CDs, and in the instruction,
said that i need to burn the ISO file i got to CD. so i did, but with vista option. now my friend
said that its not run on startup because i didnt use nero to burn, he said its need special burn
on low speed and so...
so this the problem?

niKo', use nlite tool. it will helps you to integrate intel HBM SATA southbridge drivers into WinXP redistributable CD. you'll also need the original WinXP bootable CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back