Sharing Internet Connection via Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

Hope someone could help me with a small problem I have.

My roommate and I both have laptops. His being an Acer Aspire 5335 with Vista basic and mine a Dell Inspiron 6400 with XP. Both laptops have Bluetooth and 802.11N connectivity.

Here's my problem:

I have a Tmobile dash that I use to connect to the internet via the dash's internet sharing all while connected to the laptop via bluetooth network access. My roommate connects to the internet the very same way. Problem is only one of us can go on at any one time.

Is there a way we could both connect to the internet at the same time using bluetooth or even make use of the Wifi cards somehow?

Any help you guys can give is very much appreciated

Tom

Hey bud...I have tried this before with a pair of el cheapo bluetooth dongles...I managed to share files sweet as but I got bored of fluffing around for ages...I suspect looking out for what brands of bluetooth dongles are reliable and if anyone else has managed it...

But if you get it going, can you drop us a line? Pretty keen to learn how to do it

If you can tether the Tmobile dash to one of the laptops as it's wireless modem, i'd think you should then be able to run Windows' Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on that laptop to share that connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back