Sharp decides to quit the PC market

Emil

After concluding that turning a profit from stand-alone products was too difficult, Sharp has announced that it will no longer sell and manufacturer PCs, neither laptops nor desktops, according to Nikkei. The company did not say when it would cease all PC production, but it did stress that it would do so very shortly. Surprisingly, Sharp says that this is just a "strategic" move and that it may one day return to the PC market. Sharp's PCs did get a positive reception from consumers, but the company still decided to give u...

Read the whole story

TomSEA

Heh...I haven't seen a Sharp PC in years. I had no idea they were still in the business.

matrix86

TomSEA said:
Heh...I haven't seen a Sharp PC in years. I had no idea they were still in the business.
That puts you ahead of me...I didn't even know they made PCs, lol.

Wendig0

I thought they turned the life support off for Sharp computers back in 2000? I haven't seen one since around that time anyway...

Benny26

I've never even seen a Sharp PC...Oh wait a sec, neither has anyone else lol...

If any one finds one, take it to auction, it would be worth a fortune that...lol

grimm808

Wait... what? Sharp makes PC's? I didn't even know that. I just thought they made TV's, fans, and useless peripherals. They should just focus on making nice HD tv's.

jizzyburnizzy

I've never seen a Sharp PC either, no big loss here. I can honestly say I've never bought any product made by Sharp and I likely never will

ruzveh

Good decision by sharp as i dont have any single component in my PC which is made by sharp incl monitor. Rather now they can concentrate on more discreet market and improve the service of their TV's