Show Hidden Files and Folders disabled after virus removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm Acoyauh.
I had a virus infection that my Symantec could detect but not remove (warning screen showed it found Bloodhound.(...) but froze there). I installed Avast! and removed three viruses with a boot-time scan. It now scans clean with both tools.
I had trouble for a while accessing my HDD until I removed all autorun.* files -there were plenty all over.
My problem now is that I cannot activate the View All Files and Folders option; I assume I still have a bug but just can't figure out how to find it.
I ran a HJT scan and I'm attaching it here. Do I need anything else? Can you please help here?
It's an HP Laptop (Lots of HP sw in it) with Windows XP Professional, all updates on.

Attachments

• hijackthis080407.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 31
1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type regedit and click Ok.
3. Find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
4. Look at the “CheckedValue” key… This should be a DWORD key. If it isn’t, delete the key.
5. Create a new key called “CheckedValue” as a DWORD (hexadecimal) with a value of 1.
6. The “Show hidden files & folders” check box should now work normally
7. Also change in NOHIDDEN change value to 1
8. In SHOWALL change value to 0
9. Re-check the folder options
10. now change the values to the same
NOHIDDEN to 2
SHOWALL to 1

Reply back

Works!

It works now, thanks!
I now can see hidden files called sqmdataxx.sqm & sqmnooptxx.sqm which I don't think were there before... but that's just details.
All seems ok now. I really appreciate such quick and effective help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back