Showing off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yello88

I have recently made myself a computer which I hope will remain a top of the line computer for some time. I am looking for something to put on it, (maybe a game?) that uses almost all of the computers power. What would be the best game out there today that looks insanely beautiful? Maybe some flight simulator, anything to really show off what this girl can do. Ya know?

Try running Crysis at an abominably high res with all settings maxed out (including AA / AF). That should do for good show off. :)

Yes running crysis max settings will show what your machine can do, if u can get and average of 40-50fps thats sweet. I am also trying to build a PC of my at some point what did u use to build yours?

I wish I had a HD monitor for that :( I seem to be able to run anything I can throw at my computer, but it doesn't seem to be, well, pretty. Running the heaviest video still gets me impressively high FPS, but at really low rez. I guess I might have to put that on hold till my monitor arrives.

whitescar911 look here at yello88's post -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Yes, that's where you will find system specifications but there is a shortcut. Look to the far right of my name where it gives my "location" and "member since." Click on "System specs" and you will see....well, System specs. :)

@mailpup
My computer has...
CPU
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Memory
G.SKILL 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
Video card
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit DDR3
Hard Disk
Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB SATA II
Other drives
5x Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB in RAID 5
Case
XCLIO A380COLOR Fully Black Full Tower case
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I would totally love to have a system like that, but just FYI- you have spent your money on processing and disk power rather then a top of the line Video Card. Crysis is going to be severely limited by your Graphics card in any sort of decent resolution.

If you are using this for video editing or other processor heavy task then you spent your money pretty well - but if you want to showcase the power of your computer you are better off timing a video encode or rendering. If you are primarily using your computer for Gaming then i would either purchase a ATI 5870 or 5970 if you can swing it. If you are out of money then i would sell the Raided HD's and buy one. Raid is totally overrated for gaming as it isn't going to help at all with Game FPS. It may reduce loading times, but that is about it for gaming.

Well, yea I made this machine for the sole purpose of video editing and high "rendering" processes. I got a card that seemed to be good for Dual Monitor set up more than 'om*g' video display. I runs smoothly and didn't give me any problems running 3DMark.

Then you are right on target. No need for top end video card in that case, and the 9800 is still a good card that can play any game on decent settings. It is better then my video card in any case ;-) - and i have similar usage as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back