Shuts down by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm new to the site but, i have an issue already.... I have a Dell E510 desktop that's really ticking me off.:mad: It shuts down by its self i replaced the power supply but, i still get the same result. It doesn't give beep it buzzes and then freezes on the last known good screen. Any ideas??? Warranties expired...

HI & Good Day to you!
It deals something like a memory problem...try replacing your RAM maybe it can solve your problem...I'll wait for your next post and see what happens.

Marcus,

I replaced the memory and it boot all the way and allows me to work for a while but, out of nowhere it reboots itself. Anymore suggestions?

Try this!

In my desktop PC this problem was cured by using a vacuum cleaner in reverse blow mode and blowing clean the PC. Hold the CPU fan blade so that it does not spin out of control. After the dust was removed all hangings and reboots stopped :D :grinthumb

go to start, right click on my computer, select properties, select the advanced tab then you'll see "start up and recovery" click the settings button then at the bottom you'll see "system failure" under that title will be something like "automatically restart", uncheck that box then click ok and it shouldnt restart it'self

Hey guys,

I clean everything out and the auto restart option was unchecked already. I didn't see any blown capacitors i even replaced the cmos battery. Any more suggestions?

Have you tried to boot in safe mode ?
One what screen does it freeze.. ?
It will help if you mention the operating system and hardware configuration.

Try looking at the Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools section for any hints to what causes the problem. Sometime it can put an error entry there before it shuts down. Checking the errors properties can give hints to whats happening. Also using the time to determine which error is which can help you narrow down the error for a shut down, if it posts one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back