Silent processor fan for Intel Core i5-2500K

dannydy

I just bought a new CPU, the CPU fan is so loud..i'm looking to replace a new silent fan.

Any recommendation?

i think i will go for either Hyper101 or HyperTx3, because the price is not much different.
But i dont know whether the noise it produces will it same as the one i'm using(intel original fan).

Anyway i just did some studies, not going to get Hyper101 or HyperTx3.
will go for much good performance fan

CoolerMaster V6GT (doesnt support 1155 and is very big weight=939g)
CoolerMaster V8 (very big weight=865g)
Zalman CNPS 9900MAX (I prefer this, according to review it was good weight=755g)

Just for your information, anything that says it supports 1156 will fit the 1155 as the mounting holes are the same or close enough that it it won't make any difference. Found that out when looking at buying the Corsair H50 water cooler unit.

Thanks a lot for that.
for the water cooler unit, i did look into it(Corsair H60), but my friend said fan is more reliable and there might be leaking issue on the water unit.

Thanks a lot for that.
for the water cooler unit, i did look into it(Corsair H60), but my friend said fan is more reliable and there might be leaking issue on the water unit.

The Corsair units are sealed unlike DIY water cooling system put together from separate components, so there should be no chance of leaking. That said I don't think the H50 performs all that much better than a decent heatsink and fan, maybe a little bit quieter.

The thing is when the machine starts, the temp reading from BIOS is about 56c to 61c (unacceptable). Whereas reading from Asus app is 42c to 45c.
In game mode(crysis 2), is 47c to 50c from Asus app
I dont which one is accurate.

I dont know if anyone's sure which reading is more accurate, but I would put my chips on the BIOS personally. But they are said to be inaccurate readings.

anyway, i just installed the Zalman CPU cooler(CNPS9900 MAX) with RC7P Connected, and it's perform well. My aveg temp now is MAX38c, Min is 33c. So it makes the different.
In game mode(crysis 2), is about 40c to 45c. This is as expected result:)

P.S ambient temperature is 22c with air-con on

Back