Skyrim on a six year old computer

Dannyk0ed

As you see my specs its pretty bad and you think that it cant run any new games?
Well Your wrong, I got Skyrim and the Galaxy Geforce 210, and i sticked it in and i got a good gaming performance, i tired minecraft and before i got like 12-15 fps on a intergrated Card, and now i get 40-50 and New card. So i tired Skyrim, and i though my CPU is to too old to handle, But my CPU is rated at 3.20GhZ, but its 2.0, so i played and turned on FPS viewer and i got amazly 20-27 on Medium, And this is the best time of my gaming careeer.

Glad it runs so well i bet it would be even better if you used windows xp, or linux since win7 is a resource hog compared to xp. Linux is free but Im a noob whos never used it Iv heard about it or id tell you more.

You gotta remember a lot of comments are people talking about running games on max settings.

p.s. especially nice considering you use a single core

Linux...

Danny, Linux is a completely different operating systems that was created with the free and open source model. It is NOT anywhere near Windows, and will not run a Windows based video game. If the game does not have native support for Linux (which there are a few, but Skyrim is not one of them) then it will run.

There are various distributions of Linux, but not like Windows necessarily. Different distributions are simply made by different people.

Rather than going into a long explanation, just look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

I personally recommend it only if you LIKE it as a daily use web browser/tinkering tool.
However, I cannot bring myself to learn it in detail yet.

To each their own!

P4PC, not in my experience. Not to say that Windows 7 isn't stable. However, a good Linux distro runs like hot butter, at least, like I said, in my experience.

However, overall, Windows 7 is the BEST bet, obviously.

Danny, there is a way to run most windows based games on ubuntu (linux) follow this link and it will show you the available windows emulators for linux, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Games/Emulators If your actively considering linux I highly advise researching into all it can do. I myself used to run blackhat back in 95, I haven't used it since just because I got used to XP but now that win7 is showing how shoddy it really is I am considering going back myself. I know I am opening myself up to comments like "but win7 is the best" sorry, no it's not it uninstalls programs of it's own volition, plus many other issues. IMHO win xp was by far the best so far.

Back