SLI set up help and explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfc1986

Hey all - i am interested in getting another video card so that i can run dual video cards in SLI mode.

My question is that you NEED to have the exact same model/brand etc of card to run the SLI correctly? Im assuming this is the case - is there anything you guys could tell me that i would need to know...
(IE - could i get a Nvidida 8800 or a XFX 8800 ??? Or does it NEED to be the exact same model ...?)

I am currently running a BFG 8800 GTS OC 320mb - and i would like tp pick up another if you all think it would be worth it - i was thinking it would be as i might start to get limited with only 320mb of RAM when running the brand new games in DX10 etc - is this the case or should my current single card be enough?

Another quick question - i have a 19" LCD screen. It is the following model:
Optiquest Q91b

When i run games, i get blurring on the screen as if my FPS is low (yet i know i never go below 30fps... altho im usually in the high 60's and way above...). So im assuming the screen is causing this 'ghosting' effect? Is this true - if so, is there something i can do to limit this?

Are there any screens you could recommend for people on a budget looking to get a decent new screen that will not have ghosting at all etc - its frustrating playing games that look SO good - then have flickering and ghosting when shooting/playing games.

Any ideas/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Both cards need the same chipset, so cards from XFX and EVGA would work. You want to try and stick with the same brand though, to avoid any issues.

It would help your performance yes. I don't know by how much. If you have the cash I would give it a try. Try to make sure you have the option to return it though, in case your not satisfied.

Not that familiar with monitors but I sorted it from top rating in the 100$-200$ range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000190020 4017&bop=And&Order=RATING

This one looks like the winner to me to

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back