Smart Phones

momok

I'm contemplating buying a smart phone in the near future.. So far the iphone 3G and Samsung Omnia has caught my eye. After reading the several reviews as well as comparing full specs for both, I'm still a little undecided, mainly due to the price issue.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2422&idPhone1=2424

I'm now wondering if I should wait further for better phones to be released. Any suggestions/advice?

dear momok

try to buy a pocket pc mobile phone. Iphone does not have sms forward facility and does not have copy, cut, paste option. So you always have to type the things from other programs.Moreover there is a limited softwares choice in iphone.

i love pocket pc. currently i have two O2 IIi and O2 flame. and both are working good.

the only thing which i miss in both the phones is the edge technology.

samsung omnia is good or you can wait for the release of Sony Xperia. or you can buy the htc touch diamond (it is equipped with all latest technology.)
thanks

Yep.. I'm definitely more inclined towards the Omnia, just that its alot more expensive as compared to the iphone. There are some tiny gripes I got with the phone which makes me a little hesitant and apprehensive in buying it, like the lack of visibility in sunlight, and heating issue after long usage with wifi.

How soon are you wanting to buy one? I'm not really a fan of smart phones but the only one I'd consider buying is the Sony Ericsson Xperia which is coming out soon.

I'm not in a big hurry.. just searching for a replacement to my old phone ;)
Btw that phone looks neat, though I personally prefer the cool touch of a touch screen :p

Cool... but it seems really expensive, like, even more expensive than the Omnia. I'll have to see what kind of prices my local Telcos provide.

Back