Snowy Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlito

Hello all

I've experienced this problem only twice so far and was hoping to find some help here before it gets worse. While playing Arkham Asylum my 21.1" LCD went snowy like a slightly bad television reception. The first time that this happened was at a LAN where we played games like Modern Warfare and Grid to mention a few. I'm running a Zotac 8600gt. My opinion says it's a heat related issue as, during the LAN, my pc was on for a long time with consistent gaming. After the LAN I installed an 80Gig hdd but did not mount it in the slot. So it's just laying on the chassis floor below the card. When I opened the case to check(feel) if my card was getting hot I felt that the hdd was hotter than anything else that I could touch. Thus leading me to believe that the card was getting heat from the hdd.

Any comments?

I'm not sure what you want to know :confused:
Yes, mount the Hard Drive properly where it should go ie Not under the Video card, and Not sitting on the chassis floor (where it could be hurt anyway)

Note: 80Gig is generally unheard of these days, its probably old and runs hot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back