So many case fans which to choose from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

Ok i got my case yesterday when it was sold there http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=T925-1262
and it came with the piece of junk 120mm fan in the rear. Now i need to find another case fan. It need to be around 30-40CFM to i can have equal pressure in my system. here is the fan in front of my case. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1120775&CatId=802
Oh and i can buy fans from NEWEGG because tax isnt much on these. Any suggestions? Thanks!! any one more question i have a ati radeon visiontek X1300 pci video card and the little fan on its started making noise what do you recommend i do about this? i usually run my computer 24/7.

The one I chose is louder, but it moves about 40% more air than that enermax one, but I guess what you're aiming for is quietness.

Quiet = Enermax
Lotza Air = Apevia

You might also want to try cleaning out the video card fan with a little compressed air. :)

HAHA! Really im aiming at longer life for the fan and balanced airflow in my case. or would that be a problem? im using the fan as an exhaust fan. But the problem is i have tried with the compressed air i even took it out and cleaned every inch of it no luck

Then, I would go with the Enermax as case fan, as it uses a better bearing than the Apevia, which uses a generic ball bearing. Sorry I can't really suggest anything about the vid card fan until I get a better picture. :p But, I guess then I'll have a better suggestion if I do. lol

ok sounds good. would a multi colored fan look better or plain blue for the exhaust? My intake fan has blue led's. Ill get you that pic tomorrow. ill take it from my fone. lol

I would want the two fans to match, I would keep the colors the same, considering the case you have, if you get multicolored it will mess up the style. (This is from an artist standpoint :haha:)

Sorry fixed! lol its late and im tired. :stickout: so out of the two which would you choose? i keep my pc on 24/7 almost all of the time

well i really don't care about loudness unless they sound like a jet taking off. lol i want quality to last. :approve:

Hmm...this one's a toughie, I didn't realize it was SFF...it has a funky cooler too, I can't find a fan with a screw in the right place...

Gr8, now I need help with this... :p

This is a message to all VGA cooling experts, is there any way we can replace the fan of the card shown above?

Hi

I would suggest replacing the whole heatsink and fan... to find only the fan you need to make sure the dimensins of the fan and screw distances are the same...

if you decide to replace the whole "kit" (heatsink and fan) make sure the heatsink covers the vga memory or the kit is bunduled with memory heatsinks, like this one ...
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back