So my Internet is being strange for no apparent reason (at least to me)

So this week while browsing the internet I noticed my internet connection was being really strange, I commonly have around an 8 MBPS Download and around an 11 MBPS and around 7-12 ping, but whenever I start to run anything like Skype or watch a stream/youtube video or run an application that requires an internet connection (such as steam or something) my internet connection just sways from normal to terrible, like in the 300 ping with less than a 1MPBS DL and UL, any one have a clue on what the issue could be? (the same thing happened maybe like a month or two ago and after ignoring it, it would disappear, but now its been persisting for much longer than usual)

By the way the issue appears to be a wireless issue since it does not occur on any of my other computers that have an ethernet connection, and this computer is too far to put an ethernet cord in so i prefer not to have a long wire going across my house

Brand and model of computer? Age of hard drive? Memory capacity? Operating system? How old is the current install? What scans have you run?

Its a Dell Inspiron which I bought like in early 2009, my HDD has not changed since purchase, im running on 6 gigs of RAM, i installed windows 7 late last year (was vista when i purchased it) and I have not done any scans since I don't really know what to scan for,

I got a wna1100 wireless adapter today and the issue seems to be gone for now but i'm not exactly sure

Old enough to have a hard drive going bad.
I would scan with the free MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Avast... All free and all found on FileHippo.com and elsewhere.

Back