Software collections and useful software

Micro Watt

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone knows a place where I can download a complete collection of utilities in one (Many software compressed into an archive and uploaded somewhere for other to download). I have heard that there are such collections on torrent sites but I'm sure they are mostly illegal (pirated) software.

I am looking specifically for a (random) collection of video editors as well as PC Utilities and productivity apps but if you know of any other collections, please tell me about them/post a link. I prefer freeware software.

I want to explore different software out there without having to download each, one-by-one, hoping it will be useful!

Please post any collection you know of. If you know any software (not neccesarily a collection) which you think is useful, then please post those as well

Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited:
I suggest you try looking at places online, like http://sourceforge.net/

If it sounds too good to be true, you should normally pay for it, it includes a "serial" and its a torrent, it usually is safe to assume its illegal. ;)

Not easy to answer this, as most programs are downloaded one at a time. There are collections of programs designed for flash drives, that install as a collection, but many will not be what you want. See; http://www.lupopensuite.com/ I have read about this link, it's working as of 22 Nov 10. have not used it, but it looks like what you asked for; http://zeusoft.net/

@mike 1959 - Thanks I will check zeusoft out.

I don't neccesarily won't all the applications in one interface. They can be individual files but all zipped into one file. I also don't mind if all I've mentioned in the first post aren't there, or if you can find two or three collections with one containing just video editors, one containg tools and utilities etc.

Thanks

@mike 1959 - Thanks I will check zeusoft out.

I don't neccesarily won't all the applications in one interface. They can be individual files but all zipped into one file. I also don't mind if all I've mentioned in the first post aren't there, or if you can find two or three collections with one containing just video editors, one containg tools and utilities etc.

Thanks
And what are we here for, if not to do your bidding?

And what are we here for, if not to do your bidding?

Yeah right, would you mind zipping them up for my man, while you're at it? Oh, and test them first too, please/.

Sorry if I sounded too demanding, but you don't have to be mean... :( I am just bad at phrasing my questions correctly to show what I really mean. I am not asking you to make me anything

I was just asking if you know of any place where I can download zipped packages. Where someone who felt like making a suite of applications zipped some stuff together to share his/her collection with the world. Portableapps.com has something similar.

I am not asking you to 'make' an archive for me. I really am not asking you to do anything for me, besides posting any links you may know of. I was just trying to give you an example of what I am looking for, not what you should go and do for me...

Please don't be mean... :grinthumb
Thanks

Well, I think you're looking for something that really doesn't exist.

In the process of doing so, you published a list of variables, phrased in the form of demands. I want this, I want that, and so on. Whatever the intent, it came off as pushy and boorish. So, I'll make you a deal, you don't be pushy and boorish, I won't be mean.

However, I suspect that this may be like asking a leopard to change its spots, for the both of us.

OK, Sorry to bother you all and thanks for your input.

@captaincranky - I am sorry that my inquiry sounded pushy. When I said "I want", what I really meant is "I am looking for", or "This is what I'm searching for". I am not usually considered a pushy person :) so sorry for all that inconvinience caused. I was just asking if anyone knew of any all-in-one archived files stored somewhere on the net

Thanks you any ways, and sorry for the accidental "pushy-ness" displayed.

I feel really bad about seeming to be a demanding person, especially in this thread, which is the first one I've started on Techspot

Au Revoir!

Last edited:
Many websites offer suggestions for software for new builds and the like. TS does also, I couldn't find it. I'll look again later.

However, software excellence, (or lack thereof), seems to be a rather contentious issue.

Anyway, "collections" are usually offered as a group, not as an individual download package.

So, let's split the difference and call your original blanket request as somewhat, "naive", rather than something more draconian.

You asked about video editing?

I have looked into this before as I needed some video editing software.
You will no doubt find that you do get what you pay for, and the best features for video editing are in the well-known packages you can buy, and can be fairly expensive. There are trials you can download to test the software out for yourself, but the idea is, you buy it if it's what you want or need, and that's fair enough.
I did find a couple of free editors that you could try out, http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx and http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html
You might need to spend some time experimenting with these programs, and it helps if your pc has a reasonable graphic card, and more than 2GB ram. Hope that helps.

Back