Software is 'Skipping' Notifications v...! or maybe.. ?

captaincranky

I've received all notifications wherein I've been quoted, or "reacted to", but not where simply additional posts have been made.

In example, this thread: https://www.techspot.com/community/...-is-available-to-pre-order-from-1-899.257493/ Two posts were made after mine, without notifications.

As far as I can tell, the additional posts were made within the time frame where any notification would have been current.

I have received notifications from months old threads, and AFAIK (or remember), those replies were under the current forum software.

T checked my email as well, and no notification appears there either. I've never. hit the "discontinue following this thread" button, at least not on purpose

Can you confirm you were watching that thread?

Also, are you always replying from the forum or the main site, or both? Trying to figure out where the fault is since I'm getting notified normally (as far as I can tell -- but maybe I'm missing some, too).

Yes Julio, I visited the thread and the "unwatch" button was present. So yes, I'm enrolled in it.

I've often thought the forum software skipped notifications once in a great while.

I apparently got all the notifications I should have overnight.

With those things said, if I'm the only member who has experienced this, maybe we should write it off as a simple momentary glitch.

I'm also wondering if this could be my fault, since I don't know the exact of elapsed time between a notification and its deletion. Although I do believe it was in the "keep me up", time frame.

EDIT: Yes, I always use the forum mode

Last edited:
@Julio Franco I received a notification from my post @ #16, But not from post #10.

I didn't receive a notification or your post, but then I shouldn't have..

Thus far, it seems this is only happening, (and only to me ? :confused: ) in the "news" forum.

I have gotten notices from posts I made in other subs, "got a question" in particular. (And of course, "site suggestions").

I've found the bug and can now replicate it.... this is the first step towards fixing the alerts issue you mentioned since this thread started. Thank you! Will keep you posted.

@Julio Franco The "skipping notifications bug", seems to have reappeared, (possibly).

I was / am subscribed to this thread in the "Windows" sub-forum:

https://www.techspot.com/community/...or-installing-windows-10.259522/#post-1790190

I made the next to last post, (#7), Tuesday @2:59 PM. "Route 44"made a subsequent post (#8) #3:33 PM.

The earliest notice I have on my notifications panel is 8:32 PM yesterday.

To the best of my recollection, I didn't receive a notification. (However, considering my age, short term memory may be an issue).

Which makes my question threefold :

1: Are there only "X" number of notifications allowed view-able in the drop down panel at any given time?

2: is this notification now outside the time frame allowed for viewing?

3: Was it outright skipped, or did I simply miss it? (In my defense for possibly making a nuisance of myself, I was checking to see if a response was made).

EDIT: I logged into my email, and did in fact, receive a notification for that particular post there.

PS: I'm only looking for an easy, quick, and simple answer here, not trying o "eat up your day", as @jobeard has implied.

Last edited:
Simple answer: As far as I can tell, there are no outstanding bugs regarding alerts.
We did have to overcome a few issues after upgrading the forum, but everything is well now.

Back