Solid build?

oldikes

Ive been looking at PC parts for about a year now, so I know at this point about which parts (mostly CPUS and GPUS) are which and when the next gens come out (like how piledriver comes next month presumeably)
But I cant justify $650 without being rather certain of myself.
so here is the parts list:
Rosewill challenger U3
Crucial 8 GB DDR3 1600 Dual channel 240 pin
FX-8120
Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Samsung Spinpoint F4 7200 RPM 320 GB (its cheap right now, althought seagate=meh hopefully I wont have bad luck)
Sapphire 2GB 7850 100355L
Rosewill green series 630W RG630-S12 (will update if/when I crossfire later on)
MSI 970A-G46 (chipset 970, has x16 and x8 in xfire mode)
some cheap wireless thing already got.

I already have all peripherals.
total price is $665 with shipping.

so yea, thats about it.

Looks good, but on a bit of a prejudiced note, you may want to look at getting a different power supply, since Rosewill don't have the greatest track record when it comes to PSUs. Also that case is a nightmare to try get clean, so If you don't want the amazon jungle inside your case I highly suggest you take a look at some of Antec or Coolermaster's budget cases.
apart from that, the rest looks good to me.

Yeah as you mentioned Piledriver is coming next month apparently so you might as well wait for that. Should have better IPC than BD (not that hard...) and lower power consumption.

Those are both 70 bucks (with shipping) my budget is pretty maxed out as of right now. the one I posted had a 10 percent off code...but yea, I cant really add more to the price, even if it is $10 :/

I really wouldn't cheap out on the PSU though, it's a very important and underrated part of a system. The XFX one has 44A on a single rail and might even be enough for a 7850 Crossfire setup (no overclocking though). If you want to save some money then you can run the FX-8120 with the stock cooler at stock clocks until you have enough for an aftermarket cooler.

Its not just for gaming I forgot to add- I will be doing occasional hobbiest work in photoshop, 3ds max, perhaps autocad, unity 3d, etc.

Its not just for gaming I forgot to add- I will be doing occasional hobbiest work in photoshop, 3ds max, perhaps autocad, unity 3d, etc.
Do you really need a 7850 for those programs? I don't use those so wouldn't know, but the 7850 is a gaming card so will be a waste if those programs are not GPU accelerated.

I know 3ds max is pretty GPU and CPU heavy, and ill be using it rather often.
and I dont really want to go lower than the 7850 for gaming purposes.
Its a gaming card but ive read around the internet of hobbiests (not as much pros)using video cards.
Plus, its entirely, entirely better then what im using now (a6-3400m, and before that a phenom 9550 next to an HD3450)

Try this build instead:

screenshot20120921at545.png

The total price should be slightly lower, since there's promo codes available for some of the items. Don't know if they'll be valid by the time you see or buy this though.

Back