Something has gone horribly wrong with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has done something that I have never seen before. My monitor came up with the "out of range error". Normally thats pretty easy to fix and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but then it decided to get worse. I powered the computer down, and when I tried to reboot it failed horribly. The normal mobo startup logo came up, i got the load successful beep, and then the colours went nuts, like when your gc dies or gets dislodged. After that the screen went black, and little lines of colour flickered over the screen occasionly. It stayed like this for about 30-45 seconds, and then it beeped, the same beep as before, and restarted itself. The same thing continues to happen in a loop, and there just nothing i can do. I thought it might be just the gc and out of range deal that went wrong, but i booted into safe mode, and the gc was set as low as it would go, so fixing the out of range problem became a little harder. I havn't tried a different monitor yet, but I'm going to give that a go as soon as I can get my hands on one. That still doesn't solve the problem of not booting though. BIOS doesn't seem to want to open up either, my computer is intent on doing this loop thing. I'm so very confused, and can't think of anything to do at all, apart from trash it and start over. Any ideas? I'm stumped

If you have tried to clear the CMOS and the boot problem is still there, replace the power supply first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back