Sony announces two Black Friday PlayStation 4 bundles

Shawn Knight

Staff member

ps4 gta bundle announced sony microsoft xbox gaming bundle ps4 black friday playstation 4 gta 5 xbox one the last of us remastered next generation console lego batman littlebigplanet 3 black friday 2014

Sony has announced a pair of Black Friday PlayStation 4 bundles as the company looks to widen the gap between its Redmond-based rival. Each of the new bundles includes two hit games which are practically free considering the sub-$400 price point. Here’s everything you need to know on both.

The first bundle includes a PlayStation 4 with a standard 500GB hard drive, a physical copy of Grand Theft Auto V and a digital download voucher for The Last of Us Remastered. As GameSpot correctly notes, this bundle is very similar to the one Sony announced for the Japanese market near the end of last month.

ps4 gta bundle announced sony microsoft xbox gaming bundle ps4 black friday playstation 4 gta 5 xbox one the last of us remastered next generation console lego batman littlebigplanet 3 black friday 2014

In the event that bundle doesn’t work for you (or perhaps you’re looking for something a bit more age-appropriate for younger gamers), the second bundle features the same standard PlayStation 4 with a 500GB hard drive, a physical copy of Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and a digital download code for LittleBigPlanet 3.

Both bundles will retail for $399.99 and are limited time offerings according to an official blog post on the matter. If you want one, don’t wait around too much longer after Black Friday to pull the trigger.

After launching at $100 more expensive than Sony’s PS4, Microsoft offered its Xbox One without a Kinect at the same $399.99 over the summer. Starting November 2, however, Microsoft slashed an additional $50 off its next generation console which makes it cheaper than Sony’s system for the first time.

Permalink to story.

And this is another excellent reason why you should never preorder or early adopt anything, there are always better and cheaper deals to be had down the line.

I think you should have waited another couple yrs and possibly saved even more ;)
I hear ps2s are going for a song!

Finally they're starting to get into that phase where they are basically adding games to the basic console bundle for the standard price. Adding a $60 game and bumping the price up $50 isn't a deal at all. I would love the bundle with Last of Us if only it didn't include that grand theft auto garbage. A Last of Us and Tomb Raider bundle would be reasonable and would be a killer bundle.

Finally they're starting to get into that phase where they are basically adding games to the basic console bundle for the standard price. Adding a $60 game and bumping the price up $50 isn't a deal at all. I would love the bundle with Last of Us if only it didn't include that grand theft auto garbage. A Last of Us and Tomb Raider bundle would be reasonable and would be a killer bundle.
You want a bundle for the majority and an extra game that no one Will buy it for. Thats marketing. Never give them 2 games because that Will stall the purchase of an new game.

I'm pleased to hear it that but I'm not sure why you are telling me that.
I'm glad that I didn't wait a year for a bundle. The year's more worth of gaming that I've had rather than waiting is worth whatever savings you're implying would have been had by waiting.

I think what one person was saying in this thread is you can wait forever and the price will continue to go down. You've got to pick a point where it's worthwhile to you - and that will be different for different people. Without the early adopters the product will probably die off before the more conservative can get their hands on it. This holds true for pretty much any product.

I for one recenty purchased The Last of Us and have so far been thoroughly surprised in a good way. The game is presented and displayed in a manner far above my expectations for a console.

Back