Sony launches VAIO J entry-level all-in-one series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Shopping for a touch-enabled all-in-one PC on a budget? Sony wants you to know about its just-launched "entry-level" VAIO J AIO, which packs a 21.5-inch 1080p multi-touch display and is geared toward home entertainment. Both pre-order models come with a Blu-ray player as well as touch-friendly media software, but vary slightly in horsepower.

The VPCJ115FX/B is priced at $1,100 and gets you an Intel Core i3-350M and HD graphics, 4GB of RAM (supports up to 8GB), and a 500GB 7200RPM HDD. Meanwhile, the $1,550 VPCJ118FX/B upgrades to a 2.66GHz Intel Core i7-620M, an Nvidia GeForce 310M GPU with 512MB of VRAM, and 6GB of DDR3 system memory with the same 8GB cap.

Connectivity includes gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n, four USB 2.0 ports, one IEEE 1394 port, and a multi-card reader, and the systems run Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Models ordered online today will ship later this month and retail outfits will stock the VAIO J by next month, at which point a $900 variant should be available.

Permalink to story.

wow! for an extra $500 or so you jump from a Core i3 to an i7! and a proper descrete graphics card instead of Intel in-built crap! man why would anyone go for the lower model? that just pricey for the sake of being pricey.

i think Sony is playing the same game as Apple.. marketiing to peeps that just don't know any better... only peeps i know that buy either a Sony or a Mac.. think they are getting a great deal and awesome performance... walk out to the parking lot with them...and see that they drive a Prius...

With SONY and any other highly rated manufacturers say Apple ...you pay for quality, and longevity.
and that will cost you ... with others you pay for quantity and defective hardwares...

Guest said:
With SONY and any other highly rated manufacturers say Apple ...you pay for quality, and longevity.
and that will cost you ... with others you pay for quantity and defective hardwares...

Novatech make Laptops and computers that have won loads of awards over the years and they are some of the cheapest laptops on the net (they don't come with Windows though) and Lenovo also make very good quality Laptops yet they are no where near the same price as an "quality" make.

That is a rubbish arguement, the only thing they have over these other companys is style and reputation. Again the reputation is down to people who don't know any better and style to draw them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back