Sony Vaio X505 no light

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj00uk

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio X505 and basically the screen stays dull/unlit how can I find out if the inverter has stopped working or if the backlight has stopped working? It there a way to check this somehow with out actually buying both parts?

Are you sure that both parts are installed? Very often the same unit satisfys both needs... and of course Sony will not tell you.
The inverter is very low cost, but get a new one...

Hi, How can I tell if both parts are installed or only one? I have to open it up yh?

Lol, Sony do not say anything unfortunately

(This is the Laptop I am talking about)
2407.gif

I managed to open it up and find the inverter, but unfortunatley ended up cracking the front case in two places.

I also found a place selling the inverter at $90 with another $40 shipping to the UK, but couldn't find a replacement front bezel. That's quite a bit of money to be honest for just a inverter, lol

You should be able to get an inverter for under $20 US... sometimes they are as low as $10...
and shipping to the UK is $11 if you know how to pack and ship. Lots of places make more money on the shipping profit than they do the product.

I'll do a little bit more searching its a difficult part to find only couple of places had it. Thanks for the info atleast I know that $90 is not right and don't buy without more searching.

Just seems like any part related to a Sony Vaio just has a high price. I am starting to understand why Vaio's are not so good

I managed to find and inverter and front bezel on ebay UK. The laptop is a rare laptop and so are the part I managed to get the inverter for $65 and bezel for $25, still quite expensive but atleast I did not have to spend $400 for a new laptop for using in Lecture/Seminars and a bit of beginners C programming

I received it this morning, I had both inverter in my hand and forgot which one was the new one, lol, So I tried both of them and nothing the screen still does not light up.
How is this possible?
I can see there is text on the screen but no light in the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back